Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University
|संत गाडगे बाबा अमरावती विद्यापीठ|
|Motto||Education for Salvation of Soul|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Murlidhar Govindrao Chandekar|
|Location||Amravati, Maharashtra, India|
The university was established on 1 May 1983 through partitioning of the University of Nagpur.
The university campus is spread over an area of 225 hectares, and the university is home to 20 post-graduate departments offering 25 courses in different disciplines.
Amravati University is recognized under Section 12(B) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act of the Ministry of Education, Government of India. The University received NAAC accreditation in 2002. 127 colleges are affiliated with Amravati University, with an enrollment of over 90,000 students for the undergraduate and graduate courses, together, in different faculties.
The university offers courses in ten disciplines:
The university offers post-graduate and advanced education in:
- Computer Technology
- Chemical Technology
- Business Management
The university also has research centres at several affiliated colleges and institutes that are authorized to guide PhD students in the disciplines of physics, chemistry, botany, biology, microbiology and various branches of engineering, medicine and pharmacy.
University research centres in both science and engineering fields exist in Amravati, Akola, Pusad, Chikhli, Badnera and Shegaon.
Research centres in one or more of the sciences are available in Yavatmal, Akot, Khamgaon, Washim, Dhamangaon, Karanja Lad, Warud, Buldhana, Umarkhed, Mangrulpir, Ghatanji and Malkapur.
- Sipna College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati 
- Prof. Ram Meghe Institute of Technology & Research, Badnera - Amravati
- Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering, Pusad 
- Shivaji Engineering College, Akola 
- Anuradha Engineering College, Chikhli 
- Prof. Ram Meghe College Of Engineering & Management, Badnera - Amravati 
- Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon 
- P.R. Pote College of Engineering 
- G H Raisoni College of Engineering and Management
- Sagar Rohanekar, EHSM SAP Consultant.
- Gaurav Changole, Sr. Executive at Larsen & Toubro
- Vishal Deogade, Lead Engineer Projects Oil & Gas [Simon Engineering & Partners LLC Muscat]
- Vaibhav Dixit, Senior Technology Specialist, ANSYS Inc, Pune
- Nilesh Khandare, Asst. Embedded Software Manager
- Roshan Mhaski, Technical Specialist, Syntel Pune
- Sachin Farfad Patil, Entrepreneur, Founder at EduSamosa
- Chandrakant Sakhare, Assistant Manager at Larsen & Toubro
- Pratik Tayade, Principal Engineer, Cuelogic Pune
- Sujay Kumar, Global Client Partner, Wipro Ltd.
- Neha Bhandari, Technical Specialist, New Jersey, United States
- Sanjio Zade, Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research-Kolkata (IISER-K)
- Abhishek Gulhane, Assistant Director, NASA, Washington, D.C., United States
- "Official website P.R.Pote group of institutions".
- "Welcome to G H Raisoni College of Engineering And Management, Amravati". www.ghrcema.raisoni.net. Retrieved 2016-03-18.