Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Education for Salvation of Soul|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Murlidhar Govindrao Chandekar|
Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University (previously known as Amravati University), named after Sant Gadge Baba, is a public state university located at Amravati in the Vidarbha region of the state of Maharashtra, India.
The university was established on 1 May 1983 through partitioning of the University of Nagpur.
The university campus is spread over an area of 225 hectares, and the university is home to 20 post-graduate departments offering 25 courses in different disciplines.
Amravati University is recognized under Section 12(B) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act of the Ministry of Education, Government of India. The University received NAAC accreditation in 2002. 127 colleges are affiliated with Amravati University, with an enrollment of over 90,000 students for the undergraduate and graduate courses, together, in different faculties.
The university offers courses in ten disciplines:
The university offers post-graduate and advanced education in:
- Computer Technology
- Chemical Technology
- Business Management
The university also has research centres at several affiliated colleges and institutes that are authorized to guide PhD students in the disciplines of physics, chemistry, botany, biology, microbiology and various branches of engineering, medicine and pharmacy.
University research centres in both science and engineering fields exist in Amravati, Akola, Pusad, Chikhli, Badnera and Shegaon.
Research centres in one or more of the sciences are available in Yavatmal, Akot, Khamgaon, Washim, Dhamangaon, Karanja Lad, Warud, Buldhana, Umarkhed, Mangrulpir, Ghatanji and Malkapur.
- Sipna College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati 
- Prof. Ram Meghe Institute of Technology & Research, Badnera - Amravati
- Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering, Pusad 
- Shivaji Engineering College, Akola 
- Anuradha Engineering College, Chikhli 
- Prof. Ram Meghe College Of Engineering & Management, Badnera - Amravati 
- P.R. Pote College of Engineering 
- G H Raisoni College of Engineering and Management
- "ACU members". Acu.ac.uk. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Welcome to Government College of Engineering Amravati Maharashtra - Government College of Engineering Amravati". Gcoea.ac.in. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 September 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Administrator. "Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering, Pusad". Bncoepusad.ac.in. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 March 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 February 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 February 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "P.R.Patil Group of Educational Institutes, Amravati : Engineering, M.B.A, Architechture, Polytechnic, M.C.A, B.Ed, BBA, BCA, Maharashtra". Prpatilcollege.org. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Welcome to G H Raisoni College of Engineering And Management, Amravati". Ghrcema.raisoni.net. Retrieved 18 March 2016.