Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University
|संत गाडगे बाबा अमरावती विद्यापीठ|
|Motto||Education for Salvation of Soul|
|Location||Amravati, Maharashtra, India|
The University was established on 1 May 1983 through partitioning of University of Nagpur.
The university campus is spread over an area of 225 hectares, and the university is home to 20 post-graduate departments offering 25 courses in different disciplines.
Amravati University is recognized under Section 12(B) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act of Ministry of Education, Government of India. The University received NAAC accreditation in 2002. 127 colleges are affiliated with Amravati University, with an enrollment of over 90,000 students for the undergraduate and graduate courses, together, in different faculties.
The university offers courses in ten disciplines:
The university offers post-graduate and advanced education in:
- Computer Technology
- Chemical Technology
- Business Management
The university also has research centres at several affiliated colleges and institutes that are authorized to guide PhD students in the following disciplines: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology and various branches of engineering, medicine and pharmacy.
University research centres in both science and engineering fields exist in Amravati, Akola, Pusad, Chikhli, Badnera and Shegaon.
Research centres in one or more of the sciences are available in Yavatmal, Akot, Khamgaon, Washim, Dhamangaon, Karanja Lad, Warud, Buldhana, Umarkhed, Mangrulpir, Ghatanji and Malkapur.
- Sipna College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati.
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati 
- Prof. Ram Meghe Institute of Technology & Research, Badnera - Amravati
- Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering, Pusad 
- Shivaji Engineering College, Akola 
- Anuradha Engineering College, Chikhli 
- Prof. Ram Meghe College Of Engineering & Management, Badnera - Amravati 
- Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon 
- P.R. Pote College of Engineering 
- G H Raisoni College of Engineering and Management
- Vishal Deogade, Lead Engineer Projects Oil & Gas [Simon Engineering & Partners LLC Muscat]
- Chandrakant Sakhare, Assistant Manager at Larsen & Toubro
- Gaurav Changole, Sr. Executive at Larsen & Toubro
- Sachin Farfad Patil, Entrepreneur, Founder at EduSamosa
- Nilesh Khandare , Sr.Embedded Software Engineer at [Tokheim India]
- Roshan Mhaski, Technical Specialist, Syntel Pune
- Pratik Tayade, Principal Engineer, Cuelogic Pune
- Vaibhav Dixit, Senior Technology Specialist, ANSYS Inc, Pune
- "Official website P.R.Pote group of institutions".
- "Welcome to G H Raisoni College of Engineering And Management, Amravati". www.ghrcema.raisoni.net. Retrieved 2016-03-18.