Castle of Sant Mori
|• Mayor||Modesta Cucurull Nadal (2015)|
|• Total||7.5 km2 (2.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||51 m (167 ft)|
|• Density||24/km2 (61/sq mi)|
|Demonym(s)||santmorienc / santmorienca|
The economy is based on agriculture and animal husbandry, it has a small electricity generator and tourism is becoming more important.
Sant Mori was a barony in the 15th century and in 1893 it became a marquisate. The regent queen Juana Enríquez and her son Ferdinand II of Aragon spent some days in the castle of Sant Mori at the height of the war against John II of Aragon. There the Parliament of the Corts Catalanes were invoked on October 1466.
Places of interest
- Saint Mauricio's Church. 18th century
- Sant Julià's Church. Pre-Romanic style
- Sant Mori Castle, Which is more similar to a palace than to a fortification, and is built on top of older ruins. www.castellsantmori.com/
- Archeological site of an Iberian village.
- Government data pages (in Catalan)
|This article about a location in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|