Santa Ana–Anaheim–Irvine, California
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Santa Ana–Anaheim–Irvine, California is the metropolitan designation given to Orange County, California, United States, by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). The OMB bases its names for metropolitan areas on their dominant cities. Nearby and adjacent cities and towns are included in the definition, even though their names may not appear in the title of the designation. Since the OMB periodically adjusts the criteria it uses to name metropolitan areas, and since Orange County has more than one dominant city, a different name has been issued by the OMB every ten years.
- Metropolitan Area names formerly assigned to Santa Ana–Anaheim–Irvine, California:
- 1990 - Orange County, CA Primary Metropolitan Statistical Area
- 1980 - Anaheim-Santa Ana, CA Primary Metropolitan Statistical Area
- 1970 - Anaheim-Santa Ana-Garden Grove, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- 1960 - Santa Ana-Anaheim-Garden Grove, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area