Santa Ana High School
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Santa Ana High School
|520 W. Walnut St.
Santa Ana, California
|Motto||Once a Saint, Always A Saint!|
|School district||Santa Ana Unified School District|
|Color(s)||Red, White, Columbian Blue|
|Mascot||Sammy & Sally Saint|
|Website||Santa Ana HS|
- Billy Bean, played major league baseball from 1987 through 1995. He tied a major league record with 4 hits in his first major league game.
- Beverly Bivens, singer with the 1960s band We Five
- Eddie Bravo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu athlete
- John Brinkerhoff, USMA '50, Associate Director for National Preparedness FEMA, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Reserve Affairs DoD
- Gerald P. Carr, astronaut
- Clifford "Gavvy" Cravath, six time National League baseball home run champion in the 1910s
- Isaac Curtis, football player, Cal Berkeley and NFL Cincinnati Bengals
- Clancy Edwards sprinter
- Ken Faught, 3-time land speed record holder, former editor-in-chief of Dirt Rider magazine, co-founder/president of Pole Position Raceway, TV co-host for Speed Channel
- Diane Keaton, actress
- Bill Medley, singer and songwriter, best known as one half of The Righteous Brothers singing duo
- Gilbert Melendez, 2-time California State All-American wrestler; professional Mixed Martial Artist; former WEC and Strikeforce Lightweight Champion, current UFC Lightweight contender
- Donn Moomaw, football player, minister
- Chuck Smith class of 1945 founder and pastor of Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa[better source needed]
- Milt Smith (1919-2010), football player, UCLA Bruins and Philadelphia Eagles
- William Cameron Townsend, prominent twentieth-century American Christian missionary and founder of Wycliffe Bible Translators and Summer Institute of Linguistics (SIL International)
- Original members of the surf band The Chantays
- Derek Fleming, featured Soul Train Dancer 1980-1993 Soul Train
- Deborah Gail Stone, 1974 graduate who was crushed to death in an accident at the former Disneyland attraction America Sings.
- Greg Louganis Olympic Gold Medal Diver, LBGT Activist, called "The greatest American diver in olympic history."
- Tony Bellemy Guitarist, member of first Native American Rock Band Redbone, had number one hit in the 1970s "Come and Get Your Love" (featured recently in Guardians of the Galaxy
- "Santa Ana High". Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- "Overview". Santa Ana High School. Archived from the original on 2008-05-27. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- "Gilbert Melendez Santa Ana High School wrestler". Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "Gilbert Melendez UFC Bio". Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- College Football Hall of Fame Member Biography Archived 2012-07-23 at Archive.is, collegefootball.org
- Chuck Smith (pastor)#Early life and career
- "Football Tabs: Smith to Back Up Woody Strode". Klamath Falls Evening Herald. September 14, 1940. p. 10. Retrieved 13 June 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- The Terrifying and Infamous Death of Debbie Stone at Disneyland