Santa Anna Township, DeWitt County, Illinois
|Santa Anna Township|
Location in DeWitt County
DeWitt County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1858|
|• Total||29.09 sq mi (75.3 km2)|
|• Land||28.96 sq mi (75.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.45%|
|Elevation||728 ft (222 m)|
|• Density||86.4/sq mi (33.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429713|
Santa Anna Township is one of thirteen townships in DeWitt County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,502 and it contained 1,116 housing units. Its name was changed from Mt. Pleasant Township on June 7, 1859.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.09 square miles (75.3 km2), of which 28.96 square miles (75.0 km2) (or 99.55%) is land and 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) (or 0.45%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Watkins at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Campground, Farmer City, Greenleaf, Maple Grove and Saint Josephs Catholic.
- Blue Ridge Community Unit School District 18
- Deland-Weldon Community Unit School District 57
- Illinois's 15th congressional district
- State House District 87
- State Senate District 44
- "Santa Anna Township, DeWitt County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-06.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.