Santa Barbara Police Department
|Santa Barbara Police Department|
Badge of the Santa Barbara Police Department since 1990
|Motto||"Dedicated to Service"|
|Operations jurisdiction||Santa Barbara, California, United States|
|Size||41.4 sq mi (107 km2)|
|Legal jurisdiction||City of Santa Barbara, California|
|Governing body||Santa Barbara City Council|
|Headquarters||215 E Figueroa St|
Santa Barbara, California
The Santa Barbara Police Department is a local law enforcement agency in the city of Santa Barbara, California. It was founded in January 1900 by the mayor at the time, Charles A. Storke. The department's jurisdiction is a little over 40 sq mi (100 km2) and has a population of around 90,000.
- Chief Support Staff Chief, Deputy Chief, Diversity Officer, Internal Affairs, Public Information Officer, Secretary
- Support Services Business Office, Parking, Station Officer
- Community Services Commander, Asst. Commander, Secretary, Beat Coordinators, Cadets, Community Relations, Crime Analysis, DARE, Information Technology, Property and Evidence, Police Activities League, Records, Training/Recruitment
- Investigative Commander, Asst. Commander, Secretaries, Burglary, Crimes Against Persons, Forensic Science, Narcotics/Vice, Police Technician, Polygraph, Special Investigations, Warrants
- Patrol Commander, Asst. Commander, Secretary, Admin. Sgt./Field Training Officer, Communications Center (911), Parking Enforcement, Special Enforcement Team, Night Life Enforcement Team, Tactical Patrol Force, Hosts, Tactical Planning / Special Events, Traffic, Watch Commanders, Watch Supervisors, K-9, Drinking Driver Team, Crisis Response Unit, S.W.A.T., Reserves
Santa Barbara is a city in Santa Barbara County, California, United States. Situated on an east-west trending section of coastline, the longest such section on the West Coast of the United States, the city lies between the steeply-rising Santa Ynez Mountains and the sea. Santa Barbara's climate is often described as Mediterranean, and the city is sometimes referred to as the "American Riviera."
In popular culture
The Santa Barbara Police Department is where many of the episodes of the television show Psych take place.
- City of Santa Barbara – Government – City Departments – Police – Police Organizational Structure. Santabarbaraca.gov (2008-03-13). Retrieved on 2011-06-05.
- Santa Barbara Travel Guide – Hotels, Restaurants, Sightseeing in Santa Barbara – New York Times Travel. Travel.nytimes.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-05.
|This law enforcement-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|