Santa Clara University School of Engineering
|Motto||Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (Latin)|
Motto in English
|For the Greater Glory of God|
|Santa Clara University|
|Endowment||$603.6 million parent institution|
|Location||Santa Clara, California, United States|
|Colors||Red and White|
|Affiliations||Santa Clara University|
Santa Clara University School of Engineering was founded and began offering bachelor's degrees in 1912. Over the next century, as the Santa Clara Valley transformed from a largely agricultural area to an industrial center, the school added master and doctoral programs designed to meet the area's growing need for expert engineers. Today, the Silicon Valley provides a setting for the school's programs, particularly those in electrical engineering and information technology.
- Degrees in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering, Web Design and Engineering
- Degrees in Applied Mathematics, Bioengineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Mechanical Engineering, Sustainable Energy, including five-year combined BS/MS degrees
- Degrees in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Centers and institutes
- Center for Advanced Study and Practice of Information Assurance
- Center for Analog Design and Research
- Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Center for Nanostructures
- Center for Sustainable Engineering Studies
- Center for Light Frame Structural Research
The School of Engineering's satellite program works with NASA to design, beta test, program, and operate satellites; it is the only program in which undergraduate as well as graduate students participate in missions.
- ACM - Association of Computer Machinery
- AGC - Associated General Contractors of America
- ARC - Amateur Radio Club
- ASCE - American Society of Civil Engineers
- ASHRAE - American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air-Conditioning Engineers
- ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- BES - Biomedical Engineering Society
- EWB - Engineers Without Borders
- IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- SHPE - Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (http://shpe.engr.scu.edu/)
- SWE - Society of Women Engineers
- As of June 30, 2010. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2010 Endowment Market Value and Percentage Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2009 to FY 2010" (PDF). 2010 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments. National Association of College and University Business Officers. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 1, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2011.
- Arora, Deepa (April 26, 2017). "New Dean Appointed for SCU's School of Engineering". Santa Clara University. Retrieved June 30, 2018.
- Flynn, John (June 27, 2018). "Students in Space". Metro Silicon Valley.