Santa Claus Is a Stinker
|Santa Claus Is a Stinker|
|Directed by||Jean-Marie Poiré|
|Box office||$10.3 million|
Pierre a stuffy, self-righteous volunteer at a telephone helpline for depressed people and his well-meaning but naïve co-worker Thérèse, are stuck with the Christmas Eve shift in the Paris office, much to their displeasure.
The building's lift is malfunctioning, and they receive visits from unwanted callers: Katia, a depressed transvestite who tries to hit on Pierre, M. Preskovic who lives in the same building and always turns up unexepectedly to offer them various unappetizing pastries and Josette, a heavily pregnant woman on the run from her violent fiancé Félix. Félix is working as a Santa Claus during the season and turns up on her trail in costume and brandishing a gun. Félix and Josette, a caricature trailer trash couple, end up struggling over the gun and accidentally shooting dead the lift repairman, whom they then butcher and feed to zoo animals.
The origin of the doubitchous
The famous pastries used in the film are a creation of Josiane Balasko who had traveled to Osjek, Croatia, the birthplace of his father. During her stay the actress discovered funny local specialties which gave her the inspiration of the doubitchous of the movie.
The painting used in the movie
The painting depicting Therese with a pig used in the film is different from the one used for theater version Santa Claus Is a Stinker (theater). Two different artists have painted the two pieces: Bernard de Desnoyers and Christoff Debusschere.
English (US) remake of the film
- Anémone as Thérèse
- Thierry Lhermitte as Pierre Mortez
- Marie-Anne Chazel as Josette
- Gérard Jugnot as Félix
- Christian Clavier as Katia
- Josiane Balasko as Madame Musquin
- Bruno Moynot as Preskovic
- Jacques François as The Pharmacist
- Martin Lamotte as Monsieur Leblé
- Michel Blanc (voice only) as an obscene crank caller
- "Le père noel est une ordure". www.jpbox-office.com. 1982.
- "Le Père Noël est une ordure". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved May 22, 2016.
- "16 choses que vous ignorez encore sur Le père Noël est une ordure". www.vanityfair.fr. 22 December 2016.
- "Le père-noël est une ordure, images des coulisses et secrets de tournage par Nath-Didile". lescopainsd-abord.over-blog.com.
- Interview du peintre E. Bardolle, élève de l'école d'Etampes.
- Hervé. "Le Père noël est une ordure". Le fabuleux destin de Jack Pot.
- "Le Père Noël est une ordure : 5 choses que vous ne saviez peut-être pas sur le film". www.terrafemina.com.
- "Mixed Nuts". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved May 22, 2016.