Santa Cruz, Zambales
|Municipality of Santa Cruz|
Sta. Cruz proper
Map of Zambales with Santa Cruz highlighted
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|District||2nd district of Zambales|
|Barangays||25 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Luisito E. Marty|
|• Electorate||36,063 voters (2016)|
|• Total||438.46 km2 (169.29 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||130/km2 (340/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)47|
|Climate type||Tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||206,239,057.94 (2016)|
- Lucapon North
- Lucapon South
- Poblacion North
- Poblacion South
- San Fernando
- Tubotubo North
- Tubotubo South
|Population census of Santa Cruz|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Santa Cruz, Zambales, was 58,151 people, with a density of 130 inhabitants per square kilometre or 340 inhabitants per square mile.
The town has both public and private schools, including those run by religious organizations, foundations and individuals. The Ramon Magsaysay Technological University (RMTU) - Sta. Cruz Campus is part of the RMTU SYstem operating in the whole Zambales Province, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in Educational Teaching and other courses. Columban College - Sta. Cruz campus is part of the Columban College System controlled by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Iba, headed by the Bishop of Diocese of Iba. Santa Cruz Academy is a parochial secondary school operated and controlled by St. Michael the Archangel Parish of Sta. Cruz. The Sta. Cruz High School is operated by the local government and there are Lipay High School, Sta. Cruz South High School, Don Marcelo Marty High School, San Fernando High School, Acoje High School and Guisguis National High School. St. Michael School is a private school that caters Preparatory, Elementary, and High School Education. Children of Zion Montessori School inc. is a private school that caters preparatory up to elementary.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Zambales". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region III (Central Luzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region III (Central Luzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region III (Central Luzon)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Zambales". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Santa Cruz, Zambales.|