Santa Cruz Bicycles
|Headquarters||Santa Cruz, California, United States of America|
Santa Cruz Bicycles is a manufacturer of high end mountain bikes based in Santa Cruz, California. They sponsor the Santa Cruz Syndicate, a downhill racing team. The company moved premises from 104 Bronson Street to 2841 Mission Street in 2013 . On July 3, 2015. Santa Cruz bicycle was sold to Pon Holdings, a family-owned Dutch conglomerate with a bicycle division including brands such as Cervélo, Focus and Royal Dutch Gazelle.
Santa Cruz Bicycles was founded by Rob Roskopp, Mike Marquez and Rich Novak in 1993. Roskopp had spent many years as a professional skateboarder, and Novak's Santa Cruz Skateboards company had put out a special "Roskopp" model before the two met. Roskopp and Novak went into partnership with bike engineer Mike Marquez, who had particular experience in bicycle suspension, and Tom Morris, a designer, to build some prototypes.
Their first bike, in 1994, was a full suspension bike called the Tazmon. It had a 80 millimetres (3.1 in) travel single pivot design, the first on the market. It was followed a year later by the 100 millimetres (3.9 in) travel Heckler, a model that was discontinued for the 2016 model year.
The company manufactures around a dozen models of mountain bikes made of carbon fiber and aluminum, ranging from $1500 to over $10000 retail. Their bikes are suited to a wide range of mountain biking disciplines. Frame fabrication occurs in China or Taiwan, but all bicycles are assembled in Santa Cruz, built to customer specifications just before being shipped out.
- 5010/Furtado - 27.5" wheels, 130 millimetres (5.1 in) VPP Travel,
- Blur - 29" wheels, 100 millimetres (3.9 in) VPP Travel (Re-introduced in 2018)
- Tallboy/Joplin - 29" or 27.5"+ wheels, 110 millimetres (4.3 in) VPP Travel
- Bronson/Roubion - 27.5" wheels, 150 millimetres (5.9 in) VPP Travel
- Hightower - 29" or 27.5"+ wheels, 135 millimetres (5.3 in) VPP Travel
- Hightower LT 29" wheels 150 millimeters (5.9 in) VPP Travel
- Nomad - 27.5" wheels, 165 millimetres (6.5 in) VPP Travel
- V10 - 27.5" wheels, 216 millimetres (8.5 in) VPP Travel
- Highball - 29" or 27.5" wheels, hardtail bike
- Jackal - 26" wheels, dirt jump frame
- Stigmata - 700c wheels, cyclocross/gravel bike
- Blur LT
- Blur XC
- Blur 4X
- Driver 8
- Juliana Cushtail
- Super 8
- Tallboy LT
- VP Free
Santa Cruz Syndicate
- Santa Cruz Bicycles COMPANY
- Video: A visit to the Santa Cruz Bikes factory - BikeRadar Magazines Archived 2013-01-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- Santa Cruz Bicycles sold to Pon Holdings, the owner of Cervélo and Focus
- Interview: Rob Roskopp, Owner Of Santa Cruz Bicycles - BikeRadar
- History Of Santa Cruz Bicycles | LIVESTRONG.COM
- Santa Cruz Bicycles - Tazmon 1
- Introducing Juliana Bicycles
- Santa Cruz Bicycles Model Range
- Juliana Bicycles Model Range
- Santa Cruz Bicycles Model Archive
- Santa Cruz Syndicate