Santa Fe, Cebu
|Municipality of Santa Fe|
Og-tong beach area in Pooc with Mayet and Yooneek resorts
Map of Cebu with Santa Fe highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||4th District of Cebu|
|Barangays||10 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Ithamar P. Espinosa|
|• Vice Mayor||Naomi I. Espinosa|
|• Congressman||Janice Z. Salimbangon|
|• Electorate||19,213 voters (2019)|
|• Total||28.05 km2 (10.83 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||77,746,630.49 (2016)|
|Native languages||Cebuano, Filipino|
Santa Fe, officially the Municipality of Santa Fe, (Cebuano: Lungsod sa Santa Fe; Tagalog: Bayan ng Santa Fe), is a 4th class municipality in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 28,603 people.
The municipality's territory occupies the southeastern portion of Bantayan Island (marching with the municipality of Bantayan), together with the islands of Guintacan (or Kinatarkan), Hilantagaan and Hilantagaan Diot. Because the island's airport and principal ferry port are both located within the municipality, Santa Fe is considered the gateway to Bantayan and its islands.
Santa Fe comprises 10 barangays:
|Population census of Santa Fe|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Although there is some small-scale industry, the municipality's principal source of income is fishing and agriculture, and from holidaymakers who come in large numbers, most notably during Holy Week, to enjoy the particularly fine white sand and uncrowded beaches.
Bantayan Airport, serving the whole Bantayan Island, is located in Santa Fe. Air Juan operates scheduled flights between Mactan Airport three days a week. The town can also be reached by ferry from Hagnaya Wharf in San Remigio, Cebu.
Guintacan Island; the 3 barangays of Hagdan, Kinatarkan and Langub are located on this island.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Cebu". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Cebu". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Media related to Santa Fe, Cebu at Wikimedia Commons