Santa Fe, Cebu
Og-tong beach area in Pooc with Mayet and Yooneek resorts
Map of Cebu with Santa Fe highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||4th District of Cebu|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Jose Esgana (1‑Cebu)|
|• Vice mayor||Ithamar Espinosa|
|• Town Council|
|• Representative||Benhur Salimbangon|
|• Total||28.05 km2 (10.83 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,600/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2016)||16,929|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Income class||4th class|
Santa Fe is a 4th municipal income class municipality on Bantayan Island in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 28,603. In the 2016 electoral roll, it had 16,929 registered voters.
The municipality's territory occupies the southeastern portion of Bantayan Island (marching with the municipality of Bantayan), together with the islands of Guintacan (or Kinatarkan), Hilantagaan and Hilantagaan Diot. Because the island's airport and principal ferry port are both located within the municipality, Santa Fe is considered the gateway to Bantayan and its islands.
Santa Fe comprises 10 barangays:
|Population census of Santa Fe|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Although there is some small-scale industry, the municipality's principal source of income is fishing and agriculture, and from holidaymakers who come in large numbers, most notably during Holy Week, to enjoy the particularly fine white sand and uncrowded beaches.
Guintacan Island; the 3 barangays of Hagdan, Kinatarkan and Langub are located on this island.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Municipal: Santa Fe, Cebu". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "2016 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Cebu". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Santa Fe.|