Santa Fe, Missouri
Santa Fe is an unincorporated community in southeastern Monroe County, Missouri, United States. It is located about twenty-five miles north of Mexico, Missouri near the southern edge of Mark Twain Lake. The Clemens family (of which was Samuel Clemens, a.k.a. "Mark Twain") owned several tracts of land in the area.
The Mark Twain State Park Picnic Shelter at Buzzard's Roost was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Santa Fe, Missouri
- Ramsay, Robert L. (1952). Our Storehouse of Missouri Place Names. University of Missouri Press. p. 27.
- "Monroe County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Monroe County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|