Santa Fe High School (California)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Santa Fe High School|
|10400 Orr and Day Road
Santa Fe Springs, California 90670
|Type||Public High School|
|School district||Whittier Union High School District|
Santa Fe High School is a public high school located in Santa Fe Springs, California. The school has an enrollment of approximately 3,000 students and was founded in 1954 as a part of the Whittier Union High School District. It serves students in grades 9–12 in the cities of Santa Fe Springs, Norwalk, Downey, and Whittier.
Santa Fe was named a California Distinguished School in 2007. For the 2009-2010 school year, Santa Fe met its Federal AYP; the school's API score was 786 for that same year. Santa Fe's API Score for the 2010-2011 school year was 803, placing the school within the proficient range starting at 800.
Santa Fe high school's mascot is the Chief, and the school colors are Black and Gold. Sports offered include wrestling, football, baseball, track, soccer, tennis, water polo, swimming, softball, volleyball, cross-country, cheerleading and golf.
Clubs and Activities
Santa Fe High School also offers many clubs and sports and activities. One of the many clubs available is FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) which students from Santa Fe High school have partaken in and placed nationally in business competitions. Another club is Santa Fe's ASB (Associated Student Body) which has won the California Student Activities Best Activities Program award (sponsored by CADA and CASL) for ten consecutive years.
Santa Fe Chieftain Tribe
The Chieftain Tribe marching band participates in marching band competitions, competing against other high schools in California.
Smaller subsets of the marching band are the wind ensemble, concert band, jazz band, winter drumline, and winter guard. These groups are usually active during the Winter/Spring semesters after the marching band/football season has ended.
- Joey Davis - former amateur wrestler and current mixed martial artist for Bellator MMA
- Joe Gibbs - former head coach of the Washington Redskins
- Steve Folsom - former NFL tight end for the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles
- Tammy Jernigan - U.S. astronaut
- Mark Kotsay - former MLB outfielder who last played for the San Diego Padres
- Laura Berg - Olympic softball player and Head Coach for the Oregon State University Softball Team
- Rod Barajas - former MLB catcher who last played for the Pittsburgh Pirates
- Wayne Rainey - World Champion motorcycle racer
- Randy Ramirez, Rocky Ramirez, Steven Goodwin - Former members of rock band HEMME, fronted by former TNA Impact wrestler Christy Hemme
- Whittier Union High School District
- 2007 Distinguished Middle and High Schools - California Distinguished Schools Program (CA Dept of Education)
- 2010 Adequate Yearly Progress Chart
- Business & Activities / Home