Santa Fe High School (Texas)
|Santa Fe High School|
16000 Highway 6
|Type||Public High School|
|Color(s)||Green & Gold|
Santa Fe High School is a high school in Santa Fe, Texas in the Houston metropolitan area. It is part of the Santa Fe Independent School District. In addition to Santa Fe, its district serves parts of League City, La Marque, Hitchcock, and Dickinson.
Santa Fe Independent School District v. Doe
Mass shooting and aftermath
As a result of the mass shooting, the district plans to renovate the northwest area of the campus, including sealing off the art rooms in which the shooting occurred as well as the adjacent hallway. A new hallway and counselor's office will be installed. The art classrooms and art teacher offices were to be relocated.
In July 2018, the district decided to install a bulletproof security area at the main entrance, which included adding metal detectors, as well as adding panic buttons, locks, and alarm systems in classrooms. The district chose not to install a security fence.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Galveston County, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 21, 2018.
- Santa Fe Independent School Dist. v. Doe, 530 U.S. 290 (2000)
- "Santa Fe, Texas, School Shooting Leaves Multiple People Dead; Suspect Is in Custody". The New York Times. 2018-05-18. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Texas shooting - LIVE: Suspect Dimitrios Pagourtzis held on capital murder charge as 10 are killed and explosive devices found at Santa Fe high school". The Independent. May 18, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Webb, Shelby (2018-07-10). "Santa Fe board OKs increased high school security while parents seek more information". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- Rascon, Jason (2018-07-10). "4 safety changes for Santa Fe High School approved at district meeting". KPRC-TV. Retrieved 2018-09-11.
- Yost, Melanie (2018-07-02). "Santa Fe High School to receive metal detectors following deadly shooting". KPRC-TV. Retrieved 2018-09-11.
- Welb, Shelby (2018-12-07). "Enrollment drops at Santa Fe schools after shooting". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
About 200 fewer students attend Santa Fe ISD schools this year compared to the 2017-2018 school year, with half of the loss coming at the lone high school.
- Hlavaty, Craig (2018-05-18). "Things to know about Santa Fe High School, just south of Houston". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
|This article about a high school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|