Mexico City Santa Lucía Airport
Santa Lucía Air Force Base
Base Aérea No. 1 Santa Lucía
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Serves||Zumpango, State of Mexico, Mexico|
Santa Lucía Air Force Base (IATA: MEX, ICAO: MMSM) is a military airport located in Zumpango, in the State of Mexico, Mexico. It is the plan of the current Mexican government that a new civilian international airport for Mexico City be built on the grounds of the air force base. Two runways and a new terminal are planned during the first phase, due to open in 2021.
On April 24, 2019, Mexican president Andrés Manuel López Obrador announced that construction of the new airport would commence on Monday, April 29, 2019. On June 12, a judge ordered the suspension of construction of the airport until environmental and cultural studies have been completed. The Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT) announced its approval of construction of a terminal at the new airport site on July 17, 2019.
- Airport information for Santa Lucía Air Force Base Num 1 at Transport Search website.
- "What Is Next for Mexico City Airport After Mega Project Axed?". Retrieved 2018-11-09.
- "Mexican president says new airport construction to start next week". Reuters. April 24, 2019. Retrieved June 15, 2019.
- "Suspenden aeropuerto de Santa Lucía hasta que tenga permisos ambientales" [Airport of Santa Lucia is suspended until environmental permission is released]. CNN en Espanol (in Spanish). June 12, 2019. Retrieved June 15, 2019.
- "Semarnat palomea a Santa Lucia entrega dictamen sobre el nuevo aeropuerto" [Environmental agency delivers Santa Lucia Airport construction approval], Excelsior (in Spanish), Mexico City, July 21, 2019, retrieved July 21, 2019
|This article about a Mexican airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|