Santa Maria Airport (Sergipe)
Aracaju–Santa Maria Airport
Aeroporto Aracaju–Santa Maria
|Elevation AMSL||7 m / 23 ft|
It is operated by AENA.
Although it had been in operation since the beginning of the 1950s, the official opening of the airport took place on 19 January 1958.
In 1961 began the first renovation of the airport complex, with an extension of the runway and enlargement of the passenger terminal.
In 1975 Infraero became the administrator of the airport, which later invested in further extension of the runway (completed in 1993) and in great enlargement of the passenger terminal (completed in 1998).
In 2012 the airport has already started the last extension through the construction of a completely new passenger terminal which will double its capacity.
Airlines and destinations
|Azul Brazilian Airlines||Recife, Salvador da Bahia|
|Gol Transportes Aéreos||Brasília, Rio de Janeiro–Galeão, São Paulo–Congonhas, São Paulo–Guarulhos|
|LATAM Brasil||Brasília, São Paulo–Guarulhos|
Accidents and incidents
- 12 July 1951: a Lóide Aéreo Nacional Douglas DC-3/C-47 registration PP-LPG, still registered under Linhas Aéreas Paulistas – LAP, flying from Maceió to Aracaju, after aborting a landing in adverse conditions in Aracaju, overflew the runway and initiated a turn in low altitude to the right. The aircraft crashed during this turn. All 33 passengers and crew died, including the Governor of the state of Rio Grande do Norte Jerônimo Dix-sept Rosado Maia.
The airport is located 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) from downtown Aracaju.
- "Estatísticas". Infraero (in Portuguese). 7 May 2019. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- "Aeroporto de Aracaju". Infraero (in Portuguese). Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- "Obra de ampliação do aeroporto de Aracaju já tem data para iniciar". Agência Sergipe de notícias. Archived from the original on 19 September 2012. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Governo obtém R$ 2,377 bilhões em concessão de aeroportos em blocos". ANAC (in Portuguese). 15 March 2019. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- "Accident description PP-LPG". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- Germano da Silva, Carlos Ari César (2008). "Linhas Aéreas Paulistas". O rastro da bruxa: história da aviação comercial brasileira no século XX através dos seus acidentes 1928–1996 (in Portuguese) (2 ed.). Porto Alegre: EDIPUCRS. pp. 108–111. ISBN 978-85-7430-760-2.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Santa Maria Airport (Sergipe).|