Santana's Greatest Hits
|Santana's Greatest Hits|
|Greatest hits album by|
|Recorded||May 1969 - July 1971|
|Genre||Rock, jazz fusion, blues rock|
|Christgau's Record Guide||B–|
|Rolling Stone||(not rated)|
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
Santana's Greatest Hits is a 1974 compilation album by Santana. It offers highlights from the group's first three albums. It is the band's best-selling compilation album, selling over 7 million copies in the U.S. alone while selling more than 8 million records worldwide.
Three of the tracks are the edited single versions, as annotated below.
- "Evil Ways" (Single version) (Clarence "Sonny" Henry) (from Santana, 1969) - 3:00
- "Jingo" (Babatunde Olatunji) from Santana - 4:22
- "Hope You're Feeling Better" (Gregg Rolie) (from Abraxas, 1970) - 4:11
- "Samba Pa Ti" (Carlos Santana) (from Abraxas) - 4:47
- "Persuasion" (Single version) (Santana, Rolie, José Areas, David Brown, Michael Shrieve, Michael Carabello) (from Santana) - 2:34
- "Black Magic Woman" (Single version) (Peter Green) (from Abraxas) - 3:17
- "Oye Como Va" (Tito Puente) (from Abraxas) 4:19
- "Everything's Coming Our Way" (Santana) (from Santana III, 1971) - 3:16
- "Se a Cabó" (Areas) (from Abraxas) - 2:51
- "Everybody's Everything" (Santana, Tyrone Moss, Brown) (from Santana III) - 3:31
- Ruhlmann, William. Santana's Greatest Hits at AllMusic
- Christgau, Robert (1981). "Consumer Guide '70s: S". Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 089919026X. Retrieved March 12, 2019 – via robertchristgau.com.
- Palmer, Bob (19 December 1974). "Santana: Greatest Hits : Music Reviews : Rolling Stone". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2007-10-01. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Santana: Album Guide". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 28 January 2012. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "Canadian album certifications – Santana – Santana's Greatest Hits". Music Canada.
- "French album certifications – Santana – Greatest Hits" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Carlos Santana; 'Santanas Greatest Hits')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "British album certifications – Santana – Greatest Hits". British Phonographic Industry. Select albums in the Format field. Select Gold in the Certification field. Type Greatest Hits in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- "American album certifications – Santana – Santana_s Greatest Hits". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.
|This 1970s rock album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|