Santipur (community development block)
শান্তিপুর সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||178.98 km2 (69.10 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,100/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ranaghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Santipur, Ranaghat Uttar Paschim|
Santipur (community development block) is an administrative division in Ranaghat subdivision of Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Shantipur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Fulia Kolony. There is one census town in this block:Phulia.
Phulia is located at.
As per 2001 census, Santipur block had a total population of 217,289, out of which 111,707 were males and 105,582 were females. Santipur block registered a population growth of 29.42 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 19.51 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
Nadiar Pratinidhi weekly newspaper published from Fulia. Editor- Bikash Biswas Ph. (03473) 234263
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Nadia district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Nadia district (10). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Nadia district". NREGA activities - Block Performance MIS vs MPR. Nadia district administration. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-03-25.