Santol, La Union
|Municipality of Santol|
Isem Metru Santol
Map of La Union with Santol highlighted
|Region||Ilocos Region (Region I)|
|Barangays||11 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Daisy Sayangda Olivar|
|• Electorate||8,114 voters (2016)|
|• Total||93.70 km2 (36.18 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (340/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)72|
|Climate type||Tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||124,247,847.13 (2016)|
|Native languages||Kankanaey language|
Santol is situated in the north-eastern part of the Province of La Union. It is bounded on the north by the Municipality of Sudipen, on the north-east by the upland Municipality of Sugpon in Ilocos Sur, on the south by the Municipality of San Gabriel, and on the west by the Municipality of Balaoan. The town center of Santol is 40 kilometres (25 mi) north of the City of San Fernando, the provincial capital and regional administrative center; 310 kilometres (190 mi) north of Manila and 113 kilometres (70 mi) of the country's summer capital Baguio City via the Naguilian Road.
Barangay (with Land Area (has))
- Corro-oy - 1,506
- Lettac Norte - 977
- Lettac Sur - 986
- Mangaan - 804
- Paagan - 903
- Poblacion - 936
- Puguil - 1,575
- Ramot - 975
- Sapdaan - 1,206
- Sasaba - 1,232
- Tubaday - 1,032
|Population census of Santol|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Santol, La Union, was 12,476 people, with a density of 130 inhabitants per square kilometre or 340 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: La Union". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of La Union". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Santol, La Union.|