Santos FC (women)
|Full name||Santos Futebol Clube|
|Nickname(s)||Sereias da Vila|
|Ground||Vila Belmiro, Santos|
|President||José Carlos Peres|
|Head coach||Emily Lima|
|League||Campeonato Brasileiro de Futebol Feminino|
Santos Futebol Clube, commonly known as Santos or Sereias da Vila, is a Brazilian women's Association football club, based in the city of Santos, São Paulo state, Brazil. They won the Campeonato Brasileiro de Futebol Feminino once, the Copa do Brasil twice and the Copa Libertadores Femenina twice.
The club was created in 1997 as part of Santos, in a partnership with Fundação Pró-Esportes de Santos (Fupes). They won two national competitions, which are the Liga Nacional in 2007, the Copa do Brasil in 2008. The club won the Copa Mercosul in 2006, and the Campeonato Paulista in 2007. The Campeonato Paulista organized by LINAF was won by Santos in 2009, beating Corinthians in the final. Santos competed in the 2009 Copa Libertadores, winning the competition after beating Universidad Autónoma of Paraguay 9–0 in the final, played on October 18. They won the 2009 Copa do Brasil on December 1, 2009, after beating Botucatu 3–0 in the final, played at Estádio do Pacaembu. In 2010, they won again the Copa Libertadores, after beating Everton 1–0 in Arena Barueri, and in 2011 they won the Campeonato Paulista again, after they beat Centro Olímpico in the final.
The women's section was closed in 2012. The club's president Luis Oliveira closed down the women's team and the men's futsal team because an alleged lack of sponsorship meant they were not self-sustaining. It was attributed to the effort of holding male star player Neymar at Santos.
- Copa Libertadores Femenina:
- Campeonato Brasileiro de Futebol Feminino:
- Winners (1): 2017
- Copa do Brasil:
- Liga Nacional de Futebol Feminino:
- Winners (1): 2007
- Campeonato Paulista:
- Winners (3): 2007, 2010, 2011, 2018
- Runners-up (1): 2009
- Regional Games:
- Winners (3): 2006, 2007, 2008
- "História" (in Portuguese). Santos Futebol Clube official website. Archived from the original on August 22, 2009. Retrieved August 11, 2009.
- "Sereias da Vila são campeãs em cima do Corinthians" (in Portuguese). O Globo. September 15, 2009. Retrieved September 17, 2009.
- "White Star de Perú participará en la 1era Copa Libertadores de fútbol femenino" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL. July 27, 2009. Archived from the original on August 4, 2009. Retrieved August 11, 2009.
- "'Sereias da Vila' dão show e Santos é campeão da Libertadores" (in Portuguese). iG. October 18, 2009. Retrieved November 2, 2009.
- "Santos bate Botucatu e conquista a Copa do Brasil feminina" (in Portuguese). Estadão. November 1, 2009. Retrieved December 2, 2009.
- "Santos close down futsal and female football teams to keep Neymar". goal.com. January 3, 2012. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- "Women's football, shut off" (in German). faz.net. January 9, 2012. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- "Santos confirma volta do futebol feminino, e já acerta com cinco atletas" (in Portuguese). A Tribuna. 5 February 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Estádio Vila Belmiro" (in Portuguese). Templos do Futebol. Retrieved August 11, 2009.
- (in Portuguese) Official website