|Headquarters||San Jose del Monte, Bulacan
EDSA-Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
|Service area||Metro Manila & Central Luzon, Philippines|
|Service type||City & Provincial Operation|
|Routes||Caloocan City, EDSA, Quezon City, Parañaque City, Manila, Bulacan, Tarlac, Pampanga and Pangasinan|
|Fleet||100+ Buses (Nissan, Daewoo,Yutong & Kinglong)|
|Operator||Severino Santos / Santrans Corporation|
Santrans Corporation (SANTRANS/SST) is one of the largest bus companies in the Philippines. It offers both city and provincial operations from Metro Manila to the urban areas of Central Luzon and vice versa.
The bus company is named after its sole founder, Severino Santos. Now, the company is presently operated by Silverio and Eleonor Santos. Incidentally, in Daly City, California, where there is a large Filipino community, the county bus is called Samtrans.
Santrans started servicing the EDSA corridor in the early 90s.
The company's area of coverage extends from Metro Manila to central provinces of Bulacan, Pampanga, Tarlac, and Pangasinan. Its main terminal is located in Cubao, Quezon City and in Avenida, Sta. Cruz, Manila. It generally uses ordinary buses as its main fleet. Air-conditioned buses with ordinary fare services EDSA and its northern routes.
Its Metro Manila service is primarily the EDSA corridor and Sapang Palay-Avenida route.
Santrans uses Nissan Diesel, Daewoo and Yutong engine in their operations. Buses in their fleet are mostly built by Santarosa Philippines. Other old units are rehab by Del Monte Motor Works Inc. They have ordinary and air-conditioned buses.
In February 2012, Five Star Group has announced the acquisition of all provincial route (except Tayug, Pangasinan & Bulacan) of this company, through First North Luzon Transit. Five Star has bought the later company's holdings, including franchise lines.
Del Monte City Transit Corp. is a sister company of Santrans. It services routes from Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan to Sta. Cruz, Manila via NLEX Marilao Exit by the use of air-conditioned units built by Santarosa Motorworks. Recently,it began servicing EDSA line using ordinary buses.
BBTSC (Bagong Buhay Transport Services Corp.), is a new sister company of Santrans servicing also from Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan to Sta. Cruz, Manila via NLEX Bocaue Exit. At present, the company is using Daewoo and Yutong ordinary units.
Luzon Bus Inc. is a sister company of Santrans servicing EDSA & Sta. Cruz lines using Nissan Diesel buses.
Recently, the company introduced Yutong air-conditioned buses under the name Mersan servicing EDSA line.
- Baclaran-Norzagaray, Bulacan via EDSA Fairview Commonwealth Avenue – all units are ordinary.
- Baclaran-Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan via EDSA Fairview Commonwealth Avenue – all units are ordinary.
- NAIA-Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan via EDSA Fairview Commonwealth Avenue – uses new livery design, also have air-conditioned buses and all units are ordinary.
- Avenida, Manila-Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan via NLEX-Marilao Exit
- Cubao-Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan via EDSA Fairview Commonwealth Avenue - all units are ordinary.
- Cubao-Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan via NLEX-Marilao Exit - all units are ordinary.
- San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan*
- Bayambang, Pangasinan*
- Binalonan, Pangasinan*
- Dagupan City, Pangasinan*
- Mabalacat, Pampanga (Dau Bus Terminal) *
- Malasiqui, Pangasinan*
- San Carlos City, Pangasinan*
- San Nicolas, Pangasinan*
- San Quintin, Pangasinan
- Tarlac City, Tarlac*
- Tayug, Pangasinan
- Urbiztondo, Pangasinan*
- Urdaneta City, Pangasinan*
(*) denotes that now operated under First North Luzon Transit (owned by Five Star) except Cubao- Tayug and San Quintin Routes.