Sanya Phoenix International Airport
Sanya Phoenix International Airport
|Operator||HNA Infrastructure Investment Group|
|Location||Tianya District, Sanya|
|Elevation AMSL||27 m / 89 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Sanya Phoenix International Airport|
Sanya Phoenix International Airport (IATA: SYX, ICAO: ZJSY) is an airport serving the city of Sanya in Hainan, the southernmost province of China. It is located about 15 km (9 mi) northwest of the city center.
Sanya Phoenix International Airport is a main airport hub and comprises close to ten thousand acres. The runway is about 3,400 metres (11,200 feet) long and 60 metres (200 feet) wide, which satisfies the take off and landing requirements of a fully weighted Boeing 747, Airbus A340 or other large aircraft.
It is the second busiest airport in Hainan, the busiest being Haikou Meilan International Airport. However, it was the first airport in Hainan to launch transcontinental air service, when Transaero Airlines started operating non-stop to Sanya from Moscow as early as 2007. The service was discontinued after Transaero ceased operations in 2015. Since 2017, several Russian airlines including IrAero, Alrosa and Azur Air have begun operating from various Russian cities, fueling the growth of tourism from Russia in Hainan.
In 2017, it was the 20th busiest airport in China.
Airlines and destinations
Ground transportation connections
Sanya Phoenix Airport Railway Station of the Hainan Western Ring High-Speed Railway, opened on 30 December 2015, is located just north of the airport. Initially, it connects on the Sanya Railway Station on the Hainan Eastern Ring High-Speed Railway (10 km to the east), and provides frequent high-speed rail service to a number of points along Hainan's eastern coast.
With the construction of the rest of the Hainan Western Ring High-Speed Railway, from Sanya Phoenix Airport to Haikou, rail service from Sanya Station become available to stations on the island's west coast as well.
- "Sanya Phoenix International Airport, Hainan China". ChinaTour.Net.
- "Russia's IrAero launches year-round Boeing 777 services to China". 9 August 2018.
- "News for Airlines, Airports and the Aviation Industry | CAPA".
- "夏秋航季即将启幕 三亚机场新辟多条航线_民航新闻_民航资源网".
- "Air Busan schedules Sanya launch in Dec 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "Schedule". rov.aero.
- Liu, Jim. "Beijing Capital Airlines outlines Beijing Daxing domestic network in W19". Routesonline. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "东航在西安举办冬春航季航线暨产品推介会". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "China Southern adds Sanya – Bangkok service from Feb 2019". routesonline. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "China Southern Airlines starts Delhi-Sanya route via Guangzhou". Travel Biz Monitor. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Hainan schedules Sanya – Utapao May 2017 launch". routesonline. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Sanya - Cambodia links in W16".
- Liu, Jim. "Hebei Airlines outlines Beijing Daxing operations from late-Oct 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "JC Cambodia International new routes in June/July 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- "Jeju Air adds Muan – Sanya service from Nov 2019". routesonline. Retrieved 8 October 2019.
- "Jeju Air plans Seoul – Sanya Nov 2016 launch". routesonline. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "Jetstar Asia to commence brand new service from Singapore to sunny Sanya".
- "Indonesian airlines opens flight service to China's Sanya city - Xinhua | English.news.cn".
- Liu, Jim (16 April 2019). "NordStar expands Sanya network in April 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- Liu, Jim (24 August 2017). "На Хайнань из Улан-Удэ с туроператором "Русь Тур"". airportbaikal.ru. Archived from the original on 31 August 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- Liu, Jim (3 October 2018). "S7 Airlines plans scheduled Sanya flights from Nov 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- Liu, Jim (3 October 2018). "S7 Airlines adds Vladivostok – Sanya service from Nov 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "温州机场集团有限公司 -- 旅客服务 -> 航班信息".
- "夏秋航季 惠州机场通航31个城市-中国民航网".
- ""三亚=台中"航线正式开通 三亚开通国际及地区航线已达24条-新闻中心-南海网".
- "Yangtze River Express Begins Passenger has Flights from Shanghai eff Dec 2015".
- Liu, Jim. "Yakutia adds Blagoveschensk – Sanya service in W19". Routesonline. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- 西环高铁凤三段计划2014年建成 (The Sanya to Fenghuang Airport section of the Western Ring High-Speed Railway is planned to be completed in 2014), 13 December 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sanya Phoenix International Airport.|