Sanya Phoenix International Airport
|Sanya Phoenix International Airport
Sānyà Fènghuáng Guójì Jīcháng
|Operator||HNA Infrastructure Investment Group|
|Elevation AMSL||27 m / 89 ft|
|Sanya Phoenix International Airport|
Sanya Phoenix International Airport (IATA: SYX, ICAO: ZJSY) is an airport serving the city of Sanya in Hainan, the southernmost province of China. It is located about 15 km (9 mi) northwest of the city center.
Sanya Phoenix International Airport is a main airport hub and comprises close to ten thousand acres. The airstrip is about 3,400 meters long and 60 meters wide, which satisfies requirements for take off and landing of a fully weighted Boeing 747, Airbus 340 and other large aircraft. Sanya Airport handled 16,191,930 passengers, making it the 18th busiest airport in China in terms of passengers, and 22nd busiest in terms of movements with 108,532 in 2015. Known for its small size, it plays a vital part in bringing tourists into Sanya.
Airlines and destinations
Ground transportation connections
Sanya Phoenix Airport Railway Station of the Hainan Western Ring High-Speed Railway, opened on the 30th of December, 2015, is located just north of the airport. Initially, it connects on the Sanya Railway Station on the Hainan Eastern Ring High-Speed Railway (10 km to the east), and provides frequent high-speed rail service to a number of points along Hainan's eastern coast.
With the construction of the rest of the Hainan Western Ring High-Speed Railway, from Sanya Phoenix Airport to Haikou, rail service from Sanya Station become available to stations on the island's west coast as well.
- "Sanya Phoenix International Airport, Hainan China". ChinaTour.Net.
- "夏秋航季即将启幕 三亚机场新辟多条航线_民航新闻_民航资源网".
- "Air Busan schedules Sanya launch in Dec 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "Beijing Capital Airlines Adds New International Routes from Sanya in W15".
- "Jeju Air plans Seoul – Sanya Nov 2016 launch". routesonline. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "Jetstar Asia to commence brand new service from Singapore to sunny Sanya".
- Liu, Jim (14 October 2016). "SCAT adds seasonal Sanya service from Oct 2016". Routesonline. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Sichuan Airlines Adds Hainan Island – Vietnam Routes from late-April 2016". airlineroute. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- Elliott, Mark (3 August 2016). "Tibet Airlines plans first European flights". Travel Daily Media. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- L, J (13 April 2016). "UTair Plans Moscow – Sanya Charters from May 2016". Airline Route. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- "China West Air expands Hefei operation from Oct 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Yangtze River Express Begins Passenger Flights from Shanghai eff Dec 2015".
- 西环高铁凤三段计划2014年建成 (The Sanya to Fenghuang Airport section of the Western Ring High-Speed Railway is planned to be completed in 2014), 13 December 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sanya Phoenix International Airport.|