Number of employees
Sapphire Technology (Chinese: 藍寶科技) is a Hong Kong-based technology company, founded in 2001, which produces graphics cards for personal computers and workstations, motherboards, TV tuner cards, digital audio players and LCDTVs
Sapphire's products are based on AMD graphics processing units, and both AMD (ATI) and Intel motherboard chipset technology. The company is the largest supplier of AMD-based video cards in the world.
Sapphire was the first company to release a video card having clock speed of 1000 MHz (1 GHz) with the release of the Sapphire Atomic Edition HD 4890.
As of 2007, Sapphire has two ISO 9001 and ISO 14001-certified manufacturing facilities in Dongguan, China, which have a monthly production capacity of 1.8 million video cards. The manufacturing facility had an area of about 250,000 m2 used by 16 independent production lines as of May 2005.
Sapphire buys printed circuit boards (PCB), the basic part of a graphics card, from an external contractor. The next step in the process is placement of the surface mount device (SMD) components. This is performed by a fully automated placement machine. Soldering is performed using the reflow soldering method. It then uses AMD Graphics' technology to place the memory and GPU required for the specific graphic card.
- SapphireTech.com - SAPPHIRE - Contact Us
- TGDaily - Sapphire joins the 2160p LCD TV party -
- 'Sapphire, ATI's 100% partner', at Digital-Daily.com
- 'Welcome to the SAPPHIRE Family' at Sapphiretech.com
- 'Sapphire Releases World’s First Graphics Card with HDMI' at X-bit labs Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine
- 'Sapphire Factory Tour' at techPowerUp.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sapphire Technology.|