Sapporo Japan Temple
|Sapporo Japan Temple|
Announced site of temple
|Dedication||21 August 2016
Russell M. Nelson
|Site||9.8 acres (4 hectares)|
|Floor area||48,480 sq ft (4,504 m2)|
|Preceded by||Provo City Center Temple|
|Official website• News & images|
Coordinates: The Sapporo Japan Temple (札幌神殿 Sapporo Shinden?) is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in Sapporo, Japan. The intent to construct the temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on October 3, 2009, during the church's semi-annual general conference. The temple was announced concurrently with the Brigham City Utah, Concepción Chile, Fort Lauderdale Florida and Fortaleza Brazil temples; together, at the time, they brought the total number of temples worldwide to 151. It is the third LDS temple in Japan.
Open house and dedication
On January 21, 2016, the LDS Church announced that a public open house would be held from Friday, July 8, 2016 through Saturday, July 23, 2016, excluding Sundays. The temple was formally dedicated by Russell M. Nelson on Sunday, August 21, 2016.
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Japan
- "President Thomas S. Monson: 'Welcome to Conference'", Deseret News, October 3, 2009, retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Talor, Scott (October 4, 2009), "Brigham City among five new locales for LDS temples", Deseret News, retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Groundbreaking Held For Sapporo Japan Temple", MormonNewsroom.org (News Release), LDS Church, October 22, 2011, retrieved 2014-10-15.
- Taylor, Scott (October 4, 2009), "Brigham City among five new locales for LDS temples", Deseret News, retrieved 2012-11-06
- "The First Presidency Announces Open House and Dedication Dates for Three Temples: Temples to open in Sapporo, Japan, Freiberg, Germany, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2016-01-21
- "Sapporo Japan Temple Dedicated in Three Sessions: Third Mormon temple in Japan, 151st operating temple worldwide", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2016-08-21