Sapporo Maruyama Zoo
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Main gate of Sapporo Maruyama Zoo
|Location||Chūō-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan|
|Land area||22.5 ha|
|No. of animals||737|
|No. of species||168|
Sapporo Maruyama Zoo covers an area of 22.5 ha, and is home to 168 different species and 737 animals.
There is also a chimpanzee pavilion with a 15 m (49 ft) high jungle gym, a bear house with six species of bears inside. Other attractions include the Monkey Mountain, a petting zoo with sheep and goats, the Prey Hall, Kangaroo Hall, Deer Hall, Hokkaido Brown bear Museum, Mammal Hall, Hawk and Owl Forest, Reptile Hall, Orangutan House, Waterfowl Hall, Tropical Bird House, Animal Science Museum, and Tropical Animal House.
- "Outline of Maruyama Zoo". Sapporo Maruyama Zoo. Japan: City of Sapporo. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "Information". Sapporo Maruyama Zoo. Japan: City of Sapporo. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "Incidents". Sapporo Maruyama Zoo. Japan: Sapporo Maruyama Zoo.
- France-Presse, Agence (3 October 2014). "Japanese zoo fails to breed two hyenas after both turned out to be male". The Guardian. Retrieved 8 February 2019.
- Hongo, Jun (3 October 2014). "Japan Zoo Discovers How Not to Breed Hyenas". WSJ. Retrieved 8 February 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sapporo Maruyama Zoo.|
|This article on a zoo, aquarium, safari park, dolphinarium, or aviary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|