Her father is of English descent while her mother is of Irish descent. As her parents travelled around in a caravan, Sara Baume was born "on the road to Wigan Pier". When she was 4, they moved to County Cork, Ireland. She studied fine art at Dun Laoghaire College of Art and Design and creative writing at Trinity College, Dublin from where she was awarded her MPhil. She has received a Literary Fellowship from the Lannan Foundation in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Her books are published by Tramp Press in Ireland and Heinemann in Britain.
In 2015, she participated in the International Writing Program's Fall Residency at the University of Iowa, in Iowa City, IA.
- Spill Simmer Falter Wither (2015)
- A Line Made by Walking (2017)
- Davy Byrne’s Short Story Award for Solesearcher1, 2014
- Hennessy New Irish Writing Award, 2015
- Rooney Prize for Literature, 2015
- Irish Book Award Sunday Independent Newcomer of the Year for Spill Simmer Falter Wither, 2015
- Geoffrey Faber Memorial Prize, for Spill Simmer Falter Wither, 2015
- Kate O’Brien Award for Spill Simmer Falter Wither, 2016
- Martin Doyle. "Sara Baume wins €15,000 Davy Byrnes short story award". Irish Times. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- Alison Flood. "Sara Baume is readers' nominee for Guardian first book award 2015 | Books". The Guardian. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "She's the Baume: An Interview with Sara Baume". Totallydublin.ie. 2015-08-03. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Sara Baume". Penguin.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "2015 Resident Participants | The International Writing Program". iwp.uiowa.edu. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- Lara Feigel. "A Line Made By Walking by Sara Baume". The Guardian. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Sara Baume". Doolinfestivals.ie. 2017-02-05. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards 2015 winning authors revealed". Irishbookawards.irish. 2015. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Geoffrey Faber Memorial Prize". Booksirelandmagazine.com. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Kate O'Brien Award: Limerick Literary Festival 2017". Limerickliteraryfestival.com. 2017-02-23. Retrieved 2017-04-05.