||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
February 6, 1968 |
|Institutions||University of Washington|
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of California, San Diego
|Doctoral advisor||Adriano Garsia
Sara Cosette Billey (born February 6, 1968 in Alva, Oklahoma, United States) is an American mathematician working in algebraic combinatorics. She is known for her contributions on Schubert polynomials, singular loci of Schubert varieties, Kostant polynomials, Kazhdan–Lusztig polynomials often using computer verified proofs. She is currently a member of the faculty at the University of Washington.
- S. Billey and V. Lakshmibai. Singular Loci of Schubert Varieties, Progress in Mathematics, no. 182, Birkhäuser, 2000.
- with Mark Haiman: "Schubert polynomials for the classical groups". J. Amer. Math. Soc. 8 (2): 443–448. 1995. doi:10.1090/s0894-0347-1995-1290232-1. MR 1290232.
- with Gregory S. Warrington: "Maximal singular loci for Schubert varieties in SL(n)/B ". Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 355 (10): 3915–3945. 2003. MR 1990570.
- "Billey, Sara C.". MathSciNet. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society". American Mathematical Society. Archived from the original on June 26, 2015. Retrieved July 31, 2015.