Sara Campbell is a British freediver.
She is the former world record holder in free immersion (FIM) (diving to a depth of 81m), constant weight (CWT) (96m) and constant without fins (56m). She is the "freediving face" of The Underwater Channel.
Campbell was born in Banbury, Oxfordshire to Barbara and Rob Campbell, and studied German and Italian at Bristol University. Campbell was working in public relations in London, and combining this with part-time aerobics instructing, when she decided to move to Dahab in 2005 and set up a yoga holiday business. Campbell stumbled upon freediving when one of her yoga students noticed she was very good at holding her breath.
- Brit free-diver breaks world record in debut year - DIVE Latest News
- The Telegraph, Sara Campbell working under pressure, 4 June 2009
- Sara breaks a new women's freediving World Record in the Bahamas
- The New Yorker, The Deepest Dive, 24 August 2009
- Sara Campbell - personal website
- Sara Campbell - older personal website
- Sara Campbell at The Underwater Channel
- Current Freediving World Records
- Times interview