|Member of the European Parliament|
|Born||23 March 1989 (age 33)|
|Political party||Socialist Party|
Early life and career
Cerdas was born on 23 March 1989. Having grown up in Funchal, at Madeira Island, until the age of 18 Cerdas was a competition swimmer for Clube Naval do Funchal. She represented Portugal through the national youth team and achieved medals and records at the regional and national level.
Cerdas holds a master's degree in Medicine by the University of Lisbon, post-graduation in Travel Medicine by the NOVA University of Lisbon, a master's degree in Public Health Sciences by the University of Umeå and is a PhD student in Public Health Sciences at Stockholm University, Sweden.
During her student and professional path, Cerdas was elected for representative positions in the global health field, like the International Federation of Medical Students Association (IFMSA), National Association of Medical Students (ANEM) and Students Association of the Faculty of Medicine of Lisbon (AEFML).
In parliament, Cerdas is a member of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety and co-chair in the European Parliament's Health Working Group. In this capacity, she serves as her parliamentary group's shadow rapporteur on the European Commission's EU4Health program. In 2022, she joined the Special Committee on the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to her committee assignments, Cerdas is part of the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights; the European Parliament Intergroup on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development, the European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas; the MEPs Against Cancer group; and the MEP Interest Group on Obesity & Health System Resilience.
- UNITE – Parliamentary Network to End HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and Other Infectious Diseases, Member (since 2021)
- MEP profile
- European Parliament Member page Sara Cerdas CV
- Committees European Parliament ENVI Members
- Health Working Group European Parliament's Health Working Group
- Carlo Martuscelli (June 17, 20), Europe’s obesity problem takes on new urgency Politico Europe.
- Members of the Special Committee on the COVID-19 pandemic European Parliament.
- Parliament names MEPs to sit on three new committees European Parliament, press release of 24 March 2022.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights.
- Intergroup on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development European Parliament.
- Members 2019-2024 European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas.
- MAC MEPs in the 2019-24 legislature MEPs Against Cancer.
- Mia Bartoloni (April 23, 2021), Movers and Shakers The Parliament Magazine.
- Members – Western & Central Europe
- Johnson, Brian (2 December 2020). "MEP Awards 2020: Reaction and comment from our winners". The Parliament Magazine. Retrieved 8 January 2021.