|Member of the European Parliament|
|Born||23 March 1989 (age 31)|
|Political party||Socialist Party|
Early life and career
Cerdas was born on 23 March 1989. Having grown up in Funchal, at Madeira Island, until the age of 18 Cerdas was a competition swimmer for Clube Naval do Funchal. She represented Portugal through the national youth team and achieved medals and records at the regional and national level.
Cerdas holds a master's degree in Medicine by the University of Lisbon, post-graduation in Travel Medicine by the NOVA University of Lisbon, a master's degree in Public Health Sciences by the University of Umeå and is a PhD student in Public Health Sciences at Stockholm University, Sweden.
During her student and professional path, Cerdas was elected for representative positions in the global health field, like the International Federation of Medical Students Association (IFMSA), National Association of Medical Students (ANEM) and Students Association of the Faculty of Medicine of Lisbon (AEFML).
In parliament, Cerdas is a member of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety and co-chair in the European Parliament's Health Working Group. In this capacity, she serves as her parliamentary group's shadow rapporteur on the European Commission's EU4Health program.
- MEP profile
- European Parliament Member page Sara Cerdas CV
- Committees European Parliament ENVI Members
- Health Working Group European Parliament's Health Working Group
- Carlo Martuscelli (June 17, 20), Europe’s obesity problem takes on new urgency Politico Europe.
- Members 2019-2024 European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas.
- MAC MEPs in the 2019-24 legislature MEPs Against Cancer.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Portugal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|