April 15, 1983 |
Santa Rosa, California
|Height||5 ft, 4 in|
|Weight||112 lb (51 kg)|
|Team||formerly Stanford University|
|Coached by||Steve Magness, University of Houston distance coach|
|Achievements and titles|
1500 m: 4:08.55
Sara Hall (née Bei; born April 15, 1983 in Santa Rosa, California) is a professional American middle distance runner. She won the 3000 meter steeplechase in 10:03 at the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico representing the United States.
She has won several notable mile road races including the Drake Relays Grand Blue Mile and the US National Road Mile Championships. She also has won prestigious 1500 meter titles including one at the Millrose Games. She is a two time world team member for the United States at the world indoor track and field championships. Her best finish came in 2006 where she finished 12th in the finals of the 3000 meters at the 11th IAAF World Indoor championships. She was also a member of the 2006 and 2015 United States world cross country championship team.
Sara competed for Montgomery High School in Santa Rosa, California. She won four state cross country titles. At the CIF California State Meet she also earned three state track titles in the 1600 and 3200 meters, and won the Footlocker National High School Cross Country Championships in 2000.
She was a three-time NCAA track and field runner up in the 5000 meters and indoor 3000 meters, and a 7-time All-American, competing for Stanford University. In 2003, she finished 3rd at the NCAA Women's Cross Country Championship, leading Stanford to a team title. As a college athlete she competed in the finals of the United States Olympic trials in the 5000 meters.
Sara Hall has been married to U.S. Olympic marathoner Ryan Hall since 2005. The two met at Stanford, where they both competed collegiately. In 2009, they formed the Hall Steps Foundation to empower the running community to use the energy and resources that fuel runners’ athletic achievements for social justice efforts. Both are committed Christians.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sara Hall.|
- "Athletics Results Women's 3000m Steeplechase Final". Info.guadalajara2011.org.mx. Retrieved 2011-12-22.
- [dead link]
- "USA Track & Field - Torrence makes it three in a row; Hall takes women’s title at USA 1 Mile Road Championships". Usatf.org. 2011-12-05. Retrieved 2011-12-22.
- "USA Track & Field - New champions crowned at 104th Millrose Games". Usatf.org. 2011-01-28. Retrieved 2011-12-22.
- Estes, Jim (2012-02-12). Hall and Mack take USA XC titles. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-02-12.
- Runner's World – March 12, 2015 – Sara Hall Makes Her Marathon Debut Sunday in Los Angeles
- 2015 Los Angeles Marathon results
- Sara Hall Twitter – March 15, 2015 1:00pm
- My Debut Marathon by Sara Hall