Sara M. Gonzalez
Sara M. Gonzalez formerly represented District 38 in the New York City Council, which comprises Sunset Park, Boerum Hill, Red Hook, Windsor Terrace, among other neighborhoods within the borough of Brooklyn. In 2013, Gonzalez was defeated for re-election in the Democratic primary by Carlos Menchaca; she left office on December 31, 2013.
In November 2002, Gonzalez was chosen in a special election to fill a seat vacated by former City Councilman Angel Rodriguez, who was forced to resign after pleading guilty to charges of bribery and extortion. 
While in office, she was the chairwoman of the Juvenile Justice Committee on the Council. Gonzalez was formerly the chairwoman of Community Board 7 in Sunset Park, in addition to being the executive director of Hispanic Young People's Alternatives, which was a non-profit organization that offered after-school and tutorial programs to Hispanic youths.
- Gonzalez Leads Latino Forum
- Sara Gonzalez Fights On Behalf of Renters
- Solving Traffic Problems
- Vendors Honor Gonzalez
- Puerto Rican Power Five
- Official NYC Council Website about Sara Gonzalez
- Searchlight Council District 38
- Councilwoman Hosts Community Event
- New York City Campaign Finance Board: The 2003 Voter Guides
- Councilwoman Honors Local Hero
|New York City Council, 38th District