Sara Miller McCune
|Sara Miller McCune|
Manhattan, New York City, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||George McCune (deceased)|
Sara Miller McCune (born 1941) is an American businesswoman and philanthropist. She is the co-founder and Chair of SAGE Publications.
Miller co-founded the independent academic publishing company SAGE with her late husband George McCune in 1965. She is on the Board of Directors of The American Academy of Political and Social Science. In 2008, she announced the launch of Miller-McCune magazine, published in print and online, by the nonprofit Miller McCune Center for Research, Media and Public Policy, with support from SAGE. On February 21, 2012 the magazine rebranded as Pacific Standard.
Miller has funded schools in the developing world, and made contributions to California organizations and educational establishments, including $2.5 million to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, $3.5 million to found the SAGE Center For the Study of the Mind at UCSB, and over $5 million to the Granada Theater Restoration Project. She is also a trustee and supporter of the UCSB Foundation  She founded the charitable McCune Foundation in 1990. In 2003, she received the Spirit of Entrepreneurship award at the Entrepreneur of the Year awards, sponsored by Ernst and Young. Women’s Campaign International (WCI) recently honored her at an event entitled Shattering The Glass Ceiling: Honoring Inspirational Women Around The Globe.
- Robyn Rosen (May 5, 2011). "Sara steps in to help the Globe". thejc.com. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- "SAGE - the natural home for authors, editors and societies - About us". Sagepub.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Access to SAGE material in Asia - Research Information". Researchinformation.info. 2008-01-09. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Board of Directors". AAPSS. Retrieved 2012-07-11.
- "The Santa Barbara Independent Miller McCune Launches New Magazine". Independent.com. 2008-03-21. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Welcome to Ghimire Foundation - Messages from Donors". Ghimirefoundation.org. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Two miles may not be enough". Santamariatimes.com. 2003-06-05. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "SAGE Center". Sagecenter.ucsb.edu. 2012-01-26. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "UCSB Press Release: "Philanthropist Sara Miller McCune and SAGE Publications Establish Endowed Chair for UCSB Dean of Social Sciences "". Ia.ucsb.edu. 2008-02-27. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
-  Archived October 12, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Our Mission & Vision". McCune Foundation. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Archives | www.toacorn.com | Thousand Oaks Acorn". www.toacorn.com. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Women's Campaign International | Event Report: Shattering the Glass Ceiling". Womenscampaigninternational.org. 2008-11-20. Retrieved 2012-02-02.