||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sara Nunes (born 1980) is a Finnish pop singer who gained some attention in 2005 after releasing her debut single "Simon Can't Sing" which was a parody of Simon Cowell, the famous American Idol & Pop Idol judge. She and her song achieved some notice in the United States, and charted in her native country, Finland.
Sara Nunes was born in 1980 in Seinäjoki, Finland, to a Finnish mother and Portuguese father. From her early life she was multicultural; she spent the first nine years of her life in Sweden, then she and her family moved to Africa where she attended a Swedish-speaking school. As a result she speaks four languages fluently: Finnish, English, Portuguese and Swedish.
Her first real experience in the musical business came at the age of 16 when she fronted the marginally successful band, Sinamour, which she founded with her best friend whom she met during high school, Simone, a native of Jamaica. They were discovered when they sang in a Finnish bus. Sinamour was one of the first Finnish bands who got their video on MTV Nordic. It is known for its small hit "Sync Out".
Now Sara lives in Helsinki and is concentrating on her musical career. She released her album "How to Rule the World in 12 EZ Lessons" on August 3, 2005, only in Finland. The single "Simon Can't Sing" and MTV-Video with Swedish actor Rickard Castefjord was one of the biggest hits of 2005 in Finland getting lots of airplay outside Finland too, through MTV Nordic. Her song "Britney Is Still a Virgin" was also recognized, despite not being a single.
On November 27, 2007, she released "How to Rule the World in 12 EZ Lessons" in the United States, on American Royalty Records, and in December 2007 on label TridentStyle/VillageAgain.
- Simon Can't Sing (2005, single)
- How to Rule the World in 12 EZ Lessons (2005, album)
- Bleed (2005, single)
- Dumbitch (2006, single)
- (4 May 2005) Finnish Pop Sensation Sara Nunes Judges Simon Cowell on Her Debut Single "Simon Can't Sing", Marketwire, Retrieved November 16, 2010
- (28 April 2005). 'American Idol' Judge Dissed By Finnish Singer In 'Simon Can't Sing', MTV, Retrieved November 16, 2010
- 26( August 2008). Kesän hääparit: Jussi Ahde ja Sara Nunes näyttävimmät, 'Ilta-Sanomat (in Finnish), Retrieved November 16, 2010
- (25 August 2010) Jussi Ahde ja Sara Nunes: Avioero!, Ilta-Sanomat (in Finnish), Retrieved November 16, 2010