This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sampaio at Web Summit in November 2017
Sara Pinto Sampaio
21 July 1991
|Hair color||Brown |
Sara Pinto Sampaio (born 21 July 1991) is a Portuguese model and actress. She is best known for being a Victoria's Secret Angel, Giorgio Armani beauty ambassador and working for Calzedonia, as well as her appearance in the 2014 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, a first for a Portuguese model.
Sampaio was first discovered at the age of 15, though she wasn't allowed to compete in modeling competitions until the age of 16. At 16, she won a hair modeling contest in Portugal called Cabelos Pantene 2007. After the contest, she had the chance to be in a commercial in Portugal. Off the success of the contest and commercial, she was signed to an agency; however, due to her parents, she had to finish high school before becoming a professional.
Sampaio's dream was to work for Victoria's Secret. After her agency sent in headshots, she was asked to audition. However, she did not make it into the Fashion Show. She continued to pursue the runway and made her debut in the 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, where she walked in one segment. During her sophomore performance in 2014, she walked in two segments. In 2015, she was chosen as one of the newest Angels for the 2015 runway, and in December of the same year, she walked for the brand for the first time as an Angel. On 24 October 2016, it was announced that Sara would be walking with the other Angels in the 2016 Fashion Show in Paris, France.[better source needed]
She has been featured prominently in television ads for Axe body spray in the United States. In 2012, she was chosen for the cover of the April edition of Portuguese Vogue and to be the face of the international advertising campaign for Calzedonia Mar, Summer 2012, which was photographed by Raphael Mazzucco in Greece and in Jamaica. She was the face of Calzedonia again in 2013, 2014 and 2015. She also appeared in the Replay Fall/Winter 11/12 campaign, alongside Irina Shayk, in the Blumarine Fall/Winter 11/12 campaign, with Adriana Lima and in the Armani Fall/Winter 11/12 campaign. In 2013, she appeared in the first edition of the year of the Portuguese GQ, where she was presented as the "eighth wonder of the world". She appeared in Rosa Cha 2013 campaign alongside Barbara Palvin. On 13 November 2013, she made her debut in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013. She walked in the Pink segment. She walked the following year in two segments and in 2015, she walked in two segments, for the first year, as an angel. She has appeared in the 2014 and 2015 editions of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition and won the "Rookie of the year" award in 2014. Sampaio has been on the cover of L'Officiel, Vogue, Marie Claire, Glamour, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, GQ, Telva, etc. In 2015, Maxim honored the 20th anniversary of the brand Victoria's Secret and included Sampaio on the list "The 20 Most beautiful Angels of All time".
In 2016, Sampaio walked for: Elie Saab, Jean Paul Gaultier, Balmain, Mugler, Emanuel Ungaro, Giambattista Valli, Redemption, Miu Miu, Tommy Hilfiger, Tory Burch, Jeremy Scott, Marc Jacobs, Alberta Ferretti, Francesco Scognamiglio, Philipp Plein, Moschino, Ermanno Scervino, Dolce & Gabbana, Missoni and even closed Sportmax. In 2017, she walked for Tommy Hilfiger, Mugler, Redemption, Elie Saab, Peter Dundas, Prabal Gurung, Tory Burch, Zadig & Voltaire, and many others.
In 2017, Sampaio became the new Beauty Ambassador for the famous Israeli brand "Moroccanoil". That year she was face of campaigns for PINKO, Blumarine, Hogan, Tory Burch, Mackage and DUNDAS. She was in so many different covers and editorials during the year including Editorialist, Vogue Brasil and Vogue Turkey.
In 2018, Sara became one of the faces of 'Sì Passione' fragrance by Giorgio Armani. She was also featured on the cover of Harper's Bazaar Singapore, Madame Figaro, L'officiel, Vogue Mexico and Vogue Thailand.
Sampaio grew up in the outskirts of Porto, then moved to New York City to start her career. In interviews with Vogue, Sampaio talks about being photographed nude. She considers her modelling a form of artistic expression, and nudity empowering. Sara feels confident and said in the interview, "At the end of the day, we were born naked, and that's the way we are gonna go". However, she accused Lui magazine of sexual harassment and bullying her into posing nude for their cover when she requested that her contract stipulate a no nudity clause. She believes that everyone should feel comfortable in their own skins no matter their shapes or sizes. For this reason, Sara has spoken out against skinny shaming, and mentioned in an interview that the amount of hate that she and other Victoria's Secret models experience is ridiculous. She says that "every body is different and every metabolism is different". The model was part of "The Perfect Body" VS campaign that was later changed to "A Body for Everybody".
Sampaio has stated on Instagram that she suffers from trichotillomania. She was praised by fans and the media for raising awareness of the little-known condition and has received many messages of support from fellow sufferers.
|2017||Billions||Prianca||Episode: "Optimal Play"|
|2015||"Hands to Myself" (Victoria's Secret version)||Selena Gomez|
|2016||"Wolves" (Balmain Campaign version)||Kanye West|
|2016||"Body Moves" (Victoria's Secret version)||DNCE|
|2017||"2U"||David Guetta featuring Justin Bieber|
- First place, Cabelos Pantene Contest 2007
- Best Female Model, Portuguese Golden Globes Fashion Awards 2011 
- Best Female Model, Vogue Portugal Fashion Awards 2011
- Best Female Model, Portuguese Golden Globes Fashion Awards 2012
- Best Female Model, Vogue Portugal Fashion Awards 2012
- 2013 Revelation Model of the Year by ¡Hola! magazine
- Best Female Model, Portuguese Golden Globes Fashion Awards 2014
- 2014 Rookie of the Year, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue
- Best Female Model, Portuguese Golden Globes Fashion Awards 2015
- Best Female Model, Portuguese Golden Globes Fashion Awards 2016
- "Sara Sampaio - Model".
- "Sara Sampaio emociona-se ao dedicar Globo de Ouro à avó". Caras Magazine. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- Nomeados e vencedores da XXª edição, Caras Portugal (official website in portuguese)
- Harris, Taylor (30 August 2011). "Model Call: Sara Sampaio". WWD. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- Victoria's Secret (22 August 2015). "Sara Sampaio on Becoming a Victoria's Secret Angel". YouTube. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Sara Sampaio brilha em campanha internacional!". Lux Magazine. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Sara Sampaio ousada na capa da 'GQ'". Jornal de Noticias. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- Correia, Stefanie (12 November 2013). "Sara Sampaio desfila para Victoria's Secret". Vogue Portugal. vogue.xl.pt. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- "Sara in SI Swimsuit Edition".SI Swimsuit, Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "The 20 Most Beautiful Victoria's Secret Angels of All Time". Maxim. 8 December 2015. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "Sara Sampaio excitada com a sua primeira capa nos EUA". Sábado magazine (in Portuguese). sabado.pt. 23 April 2016. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- Moroccanoil. "Meet Sara". New Beauty Ambassador. Moroccanoil. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- Sara Sampaio at Fashion Model Directory
- "VS Angel Sara Sampaio on Why Nudity Is Empowering". Vogue. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Victoria's Secret Model Sara Sampaio Speaks Out After Lui Magazine Allegedly Publishes Nude Cover without Her Consent".
- Exil, Dina (19 November 2014). "Victoria's Secret Model Sara Sampaio Slams Body-Shaming Bullies". HNGN.
- Marques, Ana Cristina; Marques, Ana Cristina. "Sara Sampaio admite sofrer de problema psicológico". Observador (in Portuguese). Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- Adebowale, Temi (30 July 2018). "Victoria's Secret Angel Sara Sampaio Reveals She Suffers From Trichotillomania". Harper's BAZAAR. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Cast: Sara Sampaio". CBS. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Who is Sara Sampaio? Victoria's Secret model and university graduate - here's what we know". The Sun. 6 December 2016. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Fashion Awards 2011: Os vencedores". vogue.xl.pt. Noticias (in Portuguese). Cofina Media. 4 November 2011.
- "Victoria's Secret Angel Sara Sampaio Spills Her Fitness & Fashion Secrets! - Women Fitness". Women Fitness. 21 December 2016. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Fashion Awards 2012: Os vencedores". vogue.xl.pt. Noticias (in Portuguese). Cofina Media. 28 November 2012.
- "Sara Sampaio, elegida la 'modelo revelación' de 2013" (in Spanish). Hola.com. 20 November 2013. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- "Sara Sampaio". IMDb. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Sara Sampaio, SI Swimsuit's first-ever Portuguese model, is the 2014 Rookie of the Year". SI.com. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sara Sampaio.|