This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Current executive positions
Tye is the founder and managing director of redheadPR (since 2003), Chair of Swindon Triathlon Club and CEO of Etape Suisse (since 2015).
Tye began her career at 17 at the Royal Military College of Science in faculty development with the armed services and the Ministry of Defense. From 1989 to 1992 Tye worked at Thames Water in PR Relations. When working at The Body Shop between 1994 and 1997, she assisted with the personal branding of the founder, the founder, the late Dame Anita Roddick. In addition, she was an integeral part of the Ken Saro-Wiwa campaign against Shell. This involved working with some of the most senior global figures in politics, industry and journalism, from Glenys Kinnock's office in Strasbourg.
Tye was a Director of Phipps for two years between 2001 and 2003 and a Director at Grant Butler Coomber from 2000 to 2003. Between 1997 and 2000 she was Head of Public Relations at Yellow Pages. There, she guided the Impact on Society section of The European Foundation of Quality Management Model and Award, which the firm won in 1999.
Sara played a key role in the implementation of BT's environmental policy and the development and management of the philanthropic Best Practice process at Yellow Pages.
Tye was Managing Director of Gingernut Creative from 2015 to 2016
As well as studying management for six years, Tye has a Diploma in Management Studies and a Diploma in Administrative Management from the Institute of Management.
Between 2010 and 2013, Tye was the Vice-chairman of the Old Town Business and Professional Association. She was part of the initial group that started the 'Make Your Mark for a Tenner' campaign and the 'Make a Difference Day' event.
The Make Your Mark for a Tenner campaign, which Sara helped develop, was commended by the CIPR (Chartered Institute of Public Relations) as a sustainable PR programme. Sara was also responsible for the Impact on Society section of The European Foundation of Quality Management Model and Award, which Yellow Pages won in 1999.
Awards and recognition
Tye received the 'Green PR of London' award by the UK's Evening Standard. In 1999 she was a finalist for Cosmopolitan's very first Women of the Year Awards. She was an award winner in recognition of her "continuing contribution to the county's thriving business community."
- Finalist The First Women Awards 2016
- Runner up – Wiltshire Business Person of the Year 2013 and 2014
- Pride of Swindon 2012 – best team with Rex and Sandra Barnett
- Fellow of the Royal Society of arts, manufactures and commerce
- Campaign of the Year, PR Week, Free Ken Saro-Wiwa
- In-House Department of the Year, PR Week, The Body Shop
- International Campaign of Year, PR Week, Free Ken Saro Wiwa
- Finalist, CIPR Corporate Responsibility, Make you Mark with a Tenner
- Finalist, Cosmopolitan Women of the Year
- Commendation, Community Involvement, PR Week, Make a Difference Day, Yellow Pages and CSV
- European of Foundation of Quality Management Award
Tye contributes to global trade publications. March 2017 saw Tye write for Boutique Hotelier on making networking beneficial to individuals and the business.
Tye is asked on a regular basis to contribute her opinions on an array of subject matters. In July 2016, Tye was featured in the Daily Mail online. As a "frugality expert", she predicted how Theresa May would fuse UK and international decor, but won't spend too much.
She has judged both the PRCA Awards and PR Week Awards and was a member of the PRCA Members and Marketing Committee.
Tye's PR clients have included: Belu Mineral Water, Blue Dragon, Black Tower, the British Heart Foundation, British Telecom, Cardiac Risk in the Young, Carlton Interactive, CDNOW.com, Centrepoint, crocus.co.uk., Frangi Tie Rack, Green & Black's, Latina, Nokia (corporate and CSR), Raleigh International, S&A Foods, Sony, sports.com, WHSmith and Yell UK Web Awards.
- "Sara Tye, Top 500 PR, on Working with Anita Roddick & PR Strategy for Entrepreneurs". TheNextWomen. 11 November 2016. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Upmarket cycling events role for Swindon PR expert Sara Tye | SWINDON BUSINESS NEWS". swindon-business.net. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Sara shares secrets of her success". Lancashire Telegraph. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Media Buzz: Gingernut Creative; Barques Arts; Telford & Wrekin Council | TheBusinessDesk.com". West Midlands. 26 May 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- Buckland, Robert (19 March 2015). "Redhead joins Gingernut – Swindon PR expert Sara Tye takes on role at Birmingham agency". Swindon Business News.
- "redheadPR founded by Sara Tye to celebrate 10 years". News Powered by Cision. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Sara Tye appointed chair of I AM WOMAN". News Powered by Cision. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "RedHead PR founder becomes managing director at Gingernut Creative". The Business Exchange – Swindon and Wiltshire. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Sara Tye becomes managing director at Gingernut Creative". prnewslink.net. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Sara Tye becomes managing director at Gingernut Creative… | The Bip". www.thebiponline.co.uk. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Swindon PR expert Sara Tye wins Wiltshire Business Person of the Month | Blog". www.southwestbusiness.co.uk. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Holding baby while filing accounts? You're not alone". The Telegraph. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "PR Interview with Sara Tye, founder and managing director of redheadpr". ResponseSource. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- Smith, Sue (27 October 2016). "Sara shares secrets of her success". Lancashire Telegraph.