|Purpose||Political action committee|
SarahPAC is the political action committee of former Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin. It was founded in 2009 following the resignation of Governor Palin. It endorses candidates for various offices, then organizes into local chapters in the United States of America and assists the candidate.
Operation Payback target
On December 8, 2010, Sarah Palin announced that her website and personal credit card information were compromised. Palin's team believed it was the work of Anonymous, though Anonymous never tweeted anything about choosing Palin as a target for the Denial-of-service attack. An Anonymous member has stated "We don’t really care about Sarah Palin that much, to be honest. I don’t really know what she’s trying to accomplish or what attention she is trying to gain. We personally don’t care about Sarah Palin." Her technical team posted a screenshot of a server log file showing the wikileaks.org hostname The Visa denial of service attacks did not result in credit card data being compromised. It is unknown whether Palin's card was compromised as part of a broad attack on Visa or a specific attack on the Palins. Sarah Palin's email had already been hacked in 2008.
- "FAQ". SarahPAC. Archived from the original on January 6, 2011.
- Tapper, Jake (December 8, 2010). "Exclusive: Sarah Palin Under Cyber-Attack from Wikileaks Supporters in 'Operation Payback'". ABC News. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- Phillips, Tom (December 9, 2010). "Sarah Palin website hit by WikiLeaks Operation Payback DDoS attack". Metro. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- Hudson, John (December 9, 2010). "Is Palin Just Using 'Operation Payback' to Get Attention?". The Atlantic Wire. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "Exclusive: "Anonymous" speaks out about WikiLeaks payback". RT. December 10, 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-07.
- Rowland, Kara (September 19, 2008). "Hacker wanted to 'derail' Palin". The Washington Times. Retrieved September 23, 2008.
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|