Sarah Ann Harrison
Sarah Ann Harrison (1837–?) is the earliest documented female photographer in Malta. She was born in Plymouth in 1837 to Abraham and Sarah Roberts. On August 9th 1864 she married George Harrison, from Stenigot, Lincolnshire in Valletta, Malta. Between 1864 and 1871 Sarah Ann operated in her name from 74, Strada della Marina, Isola (Senglea), Malta.  A Carte de visite in Giovanni Bonello's collection confirms her operating as an independent photographer in Senglea, Malta at that time. Sarah Ann Harrison is considered to be the first woman running her own photo studio in Malta. In the 1871 UK census she is listed as a photographer operating in Boston, Lincolnshire.
- General Register Office: 1841 Census Returns. The National Archives, Kew: General Register Office, 1836-1970. 1841. p. 29. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- Act of Marriage. Valletta, Malta: Public Registry Office. 1864.
- Tonna, Caroline (2018). "Women and early photography in Malta: Adelaide Conroy and Lucrezia Preziosi". In Abela, Joan; Buttigieg, Emanuel; Attard, Alex (eds.). Parallel Existences. Malta: Kite Publishing. pp. 259–271. ISBN 9789995750565.
- Bonello, Giovanni. "More notes for a history of photography in Malta". Times of Malta. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- General Register Office: 1871 Census Returns. The National Archives, Kew: General Register Office, 1836-1970. 1871. p. 27. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
|This Maltese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|