|Full name||Sarah Victoria Collyer|
3 October 1980 |
|Test debut||6 August 1998 v Australia|
|Last Test||22 February 2003 v Australia|
|ODI debut||12 July 1998 v Australia|
|Last ODI||7 February 2003 v India|
|Domestic team information|
|1995–7||Lancashire and Cheshire|
Source: CricketArchive, 30 December 2014
Sarah Victoria Collyer (born 3 October 1980) is an English cricketer who appeared for the England women's cricket team on 32 occasions between 1998 and 2003. An all-rounder, she made her debut for England in a Women's One Day International cricket match against Australia in July 1998. She was a medium-paced swing bowler, and made her international debut at the age of 17, having been playing county cricket since July 1995. A month after her ODI debut, she made her first Test match appearance, taking one wicket against Australia. Her first wicket came in her sixth match, against India in July 1999. Her best performance for England came during the 2000 Women's Cricket World Cup, when she took five wickets against the Netherlands, though they were considered weak opposition for England. Two years later, she and Kathryn Leng were removed from the side, and stripped of their National Lottery funding, when they went on "an unauthorised holiday to Tenerife". During the English winter of 2002–3, she played domestic cricket in Australia for Western Australia. She returned to the England team in early 2003, but after a back problem forced her to undergo surgery, she did not play for England again. Her final international appearance was a Test match against Australia in late February 2003. She played domestic cricket for Cheshire in 2005. She completed her career with 24 wickets in ODI cricket at an average of 29.33, and 8 wickets in Test cricket at 50.62. She scored a century in domestic cricket for Cheshire, against Hampshire in 1998.
- "Player profile: Sarah Collyer". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Women's limited overs matches played by Sarah Collyer (90)". CricketArchive.
- "Statistics / Statsguru / SV Collyer / Women's Test matches". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Statistics / Statsguru / SV Collyer / Women's One-Day Internationals". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- McConnell, Lynn (30 November 2000). "England makes the most of chance to prepare". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- Aldred, Tanya (7 July 2002). "A woman's place: obscurity, hard work, no reward". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group.
- "Cheshire Women v Hampshire Women: Women's County Championship 1998 (Division Three)". CricketArchive. Retrieved 30 December 2014.