Sarah Cooper (author)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
November 24, 1984|
Sarah Cooper (born November 24, 1984) is an American author and comedian based in New York City. Her first book, 100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings, was published on October 4, 2016. Her follow up book is called How to Be Successful Without Hurting Men’s Feelings. She has written for the animated TV series Science! .
Cooper began performing standup comedy in Atlanta but, after going broke, she accepted an offer to work as a user experience designer for Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. While there, she continued to write and perform standup. In 2014, she wrote a blog post called “10 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings” that went viral with 5 million views. Later that year, she left Google to pursue writing and comedy fulltime.
Works and publications
- Cooper, Sarah (2016). 100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings. Kansas City, MO: Andrews McMeel Publishing. ISBN 9781449476052. OCLC 944463172.
- Cooper, Sarah (2016). Draw What Success Looks Like. Kansas City, MO: Andrews McMeel Publishing. ISBN 9781449476069. OCLC 944470964.
- Cooper, Sarah (2018). How to Be Successful Without Hurting Men’s Feelings. Kansas City, MO: Andrews McMeel Publishing. ISBN 9781449476076. OCLC 1028881934.
- Todd, Sarah (September 27, 2016). "Nod more, and other absurd yet useful meeting tips from a former Google manager". Quartz. p. 1.
- Johnson, Eric (January 10, 2018). "For comedian Sarah Cooper, a job at Google was Plan B". Recode. p. 1.
- "Science". IMDB. p. 1.
- Abramovitch, Seth (April 26, 2018). "How to Appear Smart in Meetings Without Really Trying". The Red Bulletin. p. 1.