Sarah Geronimo in 2016
|Born||Sarah Asher Tua Geronimo
July 25, 1988
Santa Cruz, Manila, Philippines
Sarah Geronimo (Tagalog: [ˈsɑɹə hɛroˈnimo]; born on July 25, 1988) is a Filipino singer, actress and television personality. Born and raised in Santa Cruz, Manila, Geronimo started a career in music after winning the television singing contest Star for a Night in 2003. She signed with music label Viva Records and rose to fame with the release of her debut album Popstar: A Dream Come True (2003); it became a commercial success and won two Awit Awards. Her music was for a time categorized as Pop until the release of her tenth studio album, Expressions (2013), when she diverted into R&B and Dance. She then won the Awit Award for Best R&B Recording for the single, "Ikot-Ikot". Geronimo continued on the same music style and eventually achieved two consecutive Album of the Year prize from Awit Awards: Perfectly Imperfect (2014) and "The Great Unknown" (2015). She is the highest-paid musician in the 2014 report of the Bureau of Internal Revenue. Widely known as the Popstar Royalty, her contributions to music along with her film and television work, made her a local figure in popular culture of the 2000s to 2010s in the Philippines.
Geronimo began working with television network ABS-CBN in 2004. She appeared in projects such as ASAP (2004–present), Bituing Walang Ningning (2006) and Sarah G. Live! (2012-2013). She was also a coach in The Voice of the Philippines and The Voice Kids for two seasons from 2013 to 2015. Geronimo then ventured into mainstream cinema and is best known for playing the lead role in the films: A Very Special Love (2008), You Changed My Life (2009) and It Takes a Man and a Woman (2013). All of which are in the list of highest-grossing films in the Philippines that earned her three Box-office Queen titles from GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards. She also received two nominations of FAMAS Award for Best Actress for these films respectively. Geronimo has a collective box-office receipt of over PHP 1 billion; with at least 6 films that have grossed in excess of PHP 100 million. In 2015, FAMAS named her as one of the six "Iconic Movie Queens of Philippine Cinema".
Throughout her career, Geronimo has received 12 Awit Awards, 8 Aliw Awards, 23 Myx Music Awards (the most in the awards history) and a FAMAS Golden Artist Award. She has also won the Best Asian Artist at the Mnet Asian Music Awards in 2012, Best Southeast Asian Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards in 2014, Best Selling Filipino Artist at the 22nd World Music Awards and Best Asian Performer at Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards in 2016. Geronimo is a Goodwill Ambassador for Music of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts and a recipient of their Ani ng Dangal or "Harvest of Honors" state recognition for multi-disciplinary arts.
- 1 Life and career
- 1.1 1988–2003: Early beginnings and Star for a Night
- 1.2 2004–2007: The Other Side and In Motion
- 1.3 2008–2010: The Next One and Record Breaker
- 1.4 2011–2012: Catch Me, I'm in Love, Sarah G. Live! and concerts
- 1.5 2013–2015: The Voice of The Philippines and international activities
- 1.6 2016–present: Endorsements, Local and International recognitions
- 2 Artistry
- 3 Media reception
- 4 Personal life
- 5 Discography
- 6 Concert tours
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Awards and accolades
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Life and career
1988–2003: Early beginnings and Star for a Night
Sarah Asher Tua Geronimo was born on July 25, 1988 in Santa Cruz, Manila, Philippines to Delfin Geronimo, a retired PLDT employee, and Divina Tua Geronimo, who ran a beauty salon in their house. She is the third of four children. She started singing publicly at age two. At the age of four, she was accompanied by her mother to join auditions for different television programs. Geronimo became part of the shows Penpen De Sarapen (4–6 years old), Ang TV (7–8 years old) and NEXT (8–9 years old). She has also played as an extra in the movie Sarah... Ang Munting Prinsesa (1995). In between auditions, Geronimo would perform at shopping malls and hotel lounges. Geronimo was one of the performers during the 1995 visit of Pope John Paul II. Geronimo at an early age joined different singing contests the first of which was Tuklas Talino sponsored by the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT).
In 2002, Geronimo competed on the television singing contest Star for a Night aired in IBC. At the age of fourteen, she won the grand prize that included PHP 1 million and a managerial contract from Viva Entertainment. Geronimo released her first album Popstar: A Dream Come True in 2003. Her acting debut was a supporting role in the film Filipinas (2003). She had another supporting role in Captain Barbell (2003).
2004–2007: The Other Side and In Motion
Still managed by VIVA, Geronimo signed a TV contract with ABS-CBN network in 2004. She starred in her first television series, Sarah the Teen Princess (2004) and became a regular host and performer on the variety show ASAP (2004–present). Geronimo again had supporting roles in the films Masikip sa Dibdib (2004), Annie B. (2004) and Lastikman: Unang Banat (2004). Geronimo sang the Philippine National Anthem at the pre-inaugural ceremonies of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo on June 30, 2004. In November 2004, Geronimo released her second album, Sweet Sixteen that included the single "How Could You Say You Love Me". Geronimo performed in the Night of the Champions concert at the Araneta Coliseum with other singing competition winners Rachelle Ann Go and Erik Santos.
In 2005, Geronimo joined the cast of the teen-oriented television program SCQ Reload: Kilig Ako and hosted two seasons of the singing competition show Little Big Star (2005-2007). On September 30, 2005, Geronimo staged a solo concert at Araneta Coliseum entitled The Other Side.
In 2006, Geronimo starred in ABS-CBN's primetime soap opera, Bituing Walang Ningning, a remake of the 1985 movie. She played the role of an aspiring singer named Dorina Pineda, originally played by Sharon Cuneta in the movie, and released a soundtrack of the series. In July 2006, Geronimo release her third studio album, Becoming, produced by Christian De Walden. The album yielded three singles: "I Still Believe In Loving You", "Carry My Love" and "Iingatan Ko Ang Pag-ibig Mo". On November 18, 2006, Manny Pacquiao chose Geronimo to sing Lupang Hinirang, the Philippine national anthem, before his match against Mexico's Erik Morales at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas.
Geronimo staged her second major solo concert "In Motion" on July 14, 2007 at the Araneta Coliseum. Unlike her first solo concert, this concert went off with no technical glitches. She spent the rest of 2007 performing concerts in the Philippines and the U.S. and recording her fourth studio album, Taking Flight, which sold more than 60,000 units and achieved double platinum status. In the latter half of 2007, Geronimo appeared in her third television series for ABS-CBN, Pangarap Na Bituin.
2008–2010: The Next One and Record Breaker
In early 2008, Geronimo reunited with Erik Santos, Rachelle Ann Go, and Christian Bautista in a Valentine's Day concert at the Araneta Coliseum, entitled "OL4LUV". Before Geronimo released her fifth studio album, she released I'll Be There as the fourth single from Taking Flight. On July 30, 2008, Geronimo starred with Filipino actor John Lloyd Cruz in A Very Special Love which was produced by Star Cinema and VIVA films and grossed almost ₱180 million. The movie opened with ₱ 14 million pesos and Isah V. Red of The Manila Standard Today said, "This only proves that the new generation of Filipino movie audience is ready for their own screen heroine, not someone passed on to them by their parents or grandparents. Geronimo included a track from the film, "A Very Special Love", on her album Taking Flight. Geronimo's fifth studio album, Just Me, included a duet with Backstreet Boys member Howie Dorough entitled, "I'll Be There". De Walden again produced this album. Like her previous albums, Just Me achieved platinum status in December 2008. She was recognized for this accomplishment on the 2008 ASAP Platinum Circle Awards show. On November 8, 2008, Geronimo staged her third major solo concert in Araneta Coliseum, entitled The Next One, which marked the first time she accompanied herself on the piano while on stage. Geronimo’s Just Me album, was re-released, adding You Changed My Life. She was also recognized by ASAP for attaining platinum status for her albums Taking Flight and Just Me and for her two concert DVDs (The Other Side and Sarah In Motion).
In February 2009, Geronimo made a movie again with John Lloyd Cruz in You Changed My Life, the sequel of A Very Special Love. The film’s total theatrical earnings earned over ₱230 million, and holds the record for the highest grossing Filipino movie made. Geronimo traveled to the US in March to April 2009 for her The Next One tour, where she received positive reviews about her performances. In June 2009, she re-staged the Sarah Geronimo: The Next One Philippine concert tour. On August 5, 2009 Geronimo was given the honor to sing the Virna Lisa's 1986 People Power anthem, "Magkaisa" during the funeral of former President Corazon Aquino. Geronimo released a solo Christmas album, Your Christmas Girl in October 2009. In November 2009, she staged her fourth solo sold-out concert, Record Breaker, in the Araneta Coliseum. The Philippine Daily Inquirer called the concert "a qualified success". During the concert, Geronimo became emotional while talking about her struggles trying to succeed in a music industry inundated by aspiring singers. At the same day of her concert, she released her sixth studio album, Music and Me.  In December 2009, Your Christmas Girl and Music and Me both reached platinum status after a month of their release.
On December 1, 2009, Sarah Geronimo received a star on the Philippines Walk of Fame at Libis, Eastwood. Geronimo released the DVD Record Breaker, filmed at the Araneta Coliseum, on March 16, 2010 and eventually achieved triple Platinum status in December 2010.
In April 2010, Sarah Geronimo was chosen to endorse an online game called Superstar which was launched by X-Play as an online singing star search. Geronimo also lent her voice in singing its theme song "This Is My Dream."
2011–2012: Catch Me, I'm in Love, Sarah G. Live! and concerts
In February 2011, she had a Valentine concert with Martin Nievera titled "What Love Is" at the Araneta Coliseum. Geronimo worked with Gerald Anderson in the film collaboration of Star Cinema and Viva Films entitled Catch Me, I'm in Love which was shown on March 23, 2011 in theaters nationwide and shown as a summer release in the Philippines. Raymond Lo, U.S. correspondent for The Philippine Star said:
|“||Catch Me, I'm in Love is thoroughly entertaining and watching it has got me thinking that Sarah Geronimo is to today’s Philippine cinema what Sharon Cuneta and Maricel Soriano were in their prime. In Catch Me, I'm in Love, Sarah proves that she is an endearing and credible heroine. I am tempted to say that Philippine cinema has found its new queen!||”|
In November 2011, Geronimo made a movie again with Gerald Anderson in Won't Last A Day Without You which earned ₱20 Million on its opening day. Geronimo signed an exclusive one-year contract with ABS-CBN, it states her future projects and commitments such as having a weekly solo show, an extension as a performer in ASAP Rocks, and a movie with John Lloyd Cruz for the third time. Also this year, Geronimo is declared as the Princess of Philippine Movies by the Guillermo Mendoza Box Office Awards for her movie, Catch Me, I'm In Love together with Gerald Anderson.
In July 2012, Geronimo staged her fifth major solo concert in the "Big Dome" entitled 24/SG. In November 2012, Geronimo was chosen as the "Bayanihan Ambassadress" of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
In December 2012, Geronimo won a string of awards one of which is the Best Asian Artist Award (Philippines) at the recently concluded Mnet Asian Music Awards. Geronimo also bagged major awards in Awit Awards, Aliw Awards and PMPC Star Awards for Music.
2013–2015: The Voice of The Philippines and international activities
In February 2013, Sarah Geronimo is among the nominees in the 2013 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards (KCA). She is nominated in the Favorite Asian Act category, along with Chinese singer-actor Han Geng, South Korean rapper Psy, and Malaysian singer Shila Amzah. In the official website of the 2013 KCA, Geronimo is described as the Philippines' "Popstar Princess."
"She got her big break at age 14 when she won a TV singing competition. Smash albums such as 'Popstar: A Dream Come True' and 'Just Me' followed, along with film roles. Now, at age 24, she is already a multi-awarded, multi-platinum recording artist, a movie star, a TV personality with her own musical variety show, and an inspiration to young people and adults alike. She's a true Philippine superstar for the 21st century!" KCA's description of Geronimo said.
In March 2013, Geronimo received two Presidential Awards, Ani ng Dangal for Multi-Discplinary Arts and National Commission for Culture and the Arts (Philippines) Goodwill Ambassadress for Music  Geronimo is nominated for three categories at the 2013 World Music Awards (WMA): best entertainer of the year, best live act, and best female artist. This year’s list of WMA nominees include Adele, Beyoncé, Celine Dion, Katy Perry, Mariah Carey, Psy, and many others. Also her movie which is shown on March 30, 2013 It Takes a Man and a Woman broke box office records and became the highest grossing Filipino film of all time.
In April 2013, Geronimo was chosen as the new brand ambassadress of SM Development Corporation.
In June 2013, Viva Records announced that she will be releasing her tenth studio album on July before her birthday. The album's title was later revealed to be Expressions, which will contain mainly original songs that she co-produced herself. It was released on July 22. To promote the album's release, Geronimo held launch events at various shopping malls across Quezon City from August 3. On August 8, Geronimo became the brand endorser of KakaoTalk together with K-pop boyband Big Bang.
In December 2013, she was elevated into Anak TV Seal Hall of Famer for being a "credible, wholesome and worth emulating by the youth". Geronimo was also nominated for the Best Southeast Asian Act category in the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards.
In February 2014, she was chosen as newest product endorser of Toyota. Geronimo joined the coaching panel for the Philippine version of The Voice Kids and confirmed her return for the second season of The Voice of the Philippines.
On May 27, 2014, Sarah Geronimo are among acts that won accolades in the 2014 World Music Awards held in Monaco, winning the Best Selling Philippines Artist award. She became the first Filipino music artist who received an award in the World Music Awards history.
Geronimo release her eleventh studio album titled Perfectly Imperfect on October 4, 2014. The album also included songs which were written by international music producer Adam Hurstfield and Canadian singer Elise Estrada. The album's lead single, "Kilometro", premiered on September 17, 2014 and was written by Thyro & Yumi.
Sarah Geronimo has been chosen by Disney to re-interpret the theme song of its Princess franchise. In a teaser aired on Disney Channel, Geronimo revealed that she did her own version of "The Glow" and that its music video will premiere on December 6, 2014.
In July 2015, Sarah Geronimo with her song "Kilometro" represented the Philippines in the 10th International Song Contest:The Global Sound hosted by Australian jury, as one of the 70 semi-finalists from different countries all over the world and later on advanced as one of the top 25 finalists. At the final round, Geronimo was adjudged as the winner and received the Gold Global Sound award. ISC:The Global Sound confirmed on their Facebook page that this is the first Asian country to win the contest.
On September 16, 2015, Manulife Philippines launched "Start Your Story," a new brand campaign that aims to encourage Filipinos to take the first step in making their dreams come true. Sarah Geronimo, together with Filipino actor Richard Yap, became Manulife’s brand ambassador for this campaign.
Geronimo is the biggest pop star in the Philippines. Xeleb Inc., the first celebrity mobile games company in the Philippines, tapped Geronimo for its newest gaming app, Sarah G Popsters. The app officially launched on November 24, 2015 and is already available for download in Google Play for free.
On December 9, 2015, Sarah Geronimo bagged her 10th Awit Award. At the 28th Awit Awards, "Perfectly Imperfect" was awarded "Album of the Year".
On December 18, 2015, Sarah Geronimo was voted as the Asian Artist of the Year at the Hello Asia! K-Pop Awards 2015.
2016–present: Endorsements, Local and International recognitions
On February 29, 2016, Big Apple Music Awards announced on their official Twitter account that Geronimo has been nominated as “Best Filipino Female Artist”.
In March 2016, Philippine Airlines officials, led by Chairman Dr. Lucio C. Tan and President Jaime J. Bautista, celebrated the airline's 75th anniversary during a gala dinner for PAL employees at the SMX-MOA in Pasay City, where the flag carrier also unveiled its new advertising campaign – The Heart of the Filipino: Shining Through – with top Filipino singers Sarah Geronimo, Bamboo and Lea Salonga as endorsers.
On September 21, 2016, Sarah Geronimo was announced as one of the nominees in the Best Southeast Asian Act for the 2016 MTV Europe Music Awards set on November 6, 2016 at the Ahoy Rotterdam in the Netherlands.
On October 12, 2016, Sarah Geronimo's The Great Unknown won Best Secular Album in the 38th Catholic Mass Media Awards.  This is the second time Sarah received the award, the first was for Perfectly Imperfect album.
Sarah Geronimo was recognized as this year's Best Asian Performer during the Classic Rock Awards 2016 held in Tokyo, Japan on November 11, 2016. Geronimo attended the awarding ceremony at the Ryogoku Kokugikan Stadium in Tokyo, where she performed the song "Anak" by Freddie Aguilar. Other performers at the Classic Rock Awards include Jeff Beck, Joe Perry, Rudolf Schenker, Richie Sambora and Orianthi, Tesla, and Cheap Trick.
Music and voice
Geronimo's music is generally pop and sings songs mostly about love. International producer Christian de Walden praised Geronimo's voice and said "The personality of her voice is phenomenally distinct. Many have great voices but they tend to imitate foreign divas like Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston. She definitely is the biggest talent I have come across with in the last ten years...". Her voice is very clean and neat but powerful and mid-belt.
Geronimo is widely known for her musical versatility and effortless singing while dancing. Rito P. Asilo of Philippine Daily Inquirer stated in a review of her album: "it’s hard to resist the rich and lush quality of her melodies when they fall smoothly and squarely on her confident middle registers" and has praised her transition saying, "her phrasing style to her interchanging shifts in vocal placement, from deep chest tones to heady soft trills, and back which isn’t really a bad thing: In fact, it could represent growth, because Sarah used to win her admirers solely with the lung-busting high notes."
Geronimo has cited Michael Jackson as her major influence and she grew up singing and dancing to his music. Geronimo said: "As a child my dream was to be hugely popular like Michael Jackson. I wanted to have that kind of worldwide fame," added, "I want to be like him, while performing, everyone gets so wild and emotional. Besides that, I see him as not only a performer, he’s an inspiration to many people, and that’s what I also want to become." Geronimo also cited American pop star, Beyoncé as one of her influences in singing and dancing live.
Geronimo has received acclaim for her live stage performances. After Geronimo's concert in Araneta Coliseum dubbed as "The Other Side", The Manila Bulletin said:
"Sarah’s very successful concert showcased the various facets of her personality. She’s an old soul who can sing Celine Dion’s "If I Could" and Mariah Carey’s "Through the Rain" with such emotion. She’s an 80’s baby who can moonwalk to "Billie Jean" ala Michael Jackson. She’s a budding belter who can hit the high notes of Whitney Houston’s "The Greatest Love of All" with Regine Velasquez."
In 2009, Geronimo said in a press conference for her concert "Record Breaker" that she hopes to break new records as a concert artist and was quoted as saying, "This is to showcase my new standards as a total performer. Hopefully I’ll give this show justice, entertain my audience and even make them dance with my performances all throughout the night."
Geronimo's participation in the "What Love Is..." with Martin Nievera concert was described by Baby A. Gil of the Philippine Star with the comment, "Who needs a dancing Martin anyway when you have the long-limbed Sarah there, who is a daring, enthusiastic dancer? I like watching her dance and finding her moving even better now than the last time is a treat. Of course, she has also become an even better singer. To those who are wont to ask, has she gotten rid of her Celine Dion tendencies? Well, she still sings a good To Love You More, but she has obviously come to her own with fuller tones, nice, sexy low notes."
In her 24/SG concert People's Journal commented, "Sarah has reached a new level in her career as a concert artist. In fact, she has earned the right to be called the Concert Queen of the New Generation." Aside from her singing prowess, Geronimo's dancing skills has improved greatly.
Camille Bersola of The Philippine Star described Geronimo as more than just a pop icon for being an inspiration especially to today's youth. She stated: "In amateur singing competitions, there will be at least three contestants that will have their own rendition of 'To Love You More' or 'Forever's Not Enough'. When these little girls are asked who their favorite singer is, and whose path they’d like to follow someday, you can bet more or less 75 percent of them will have the same answer: Sarah Geronimo."
Quezon City Vice Mayor Joy Belmonte described Geronimo in The Philippine Star: "She’s wholesome on and off camera, untainted by unsavory rumors. She’s an ideal daughter and that makes her a good role model for the youth." Wilson Lee Flores of The Philippine Star said, "She is a breath of fresh air in terms of wholesome image, humility, real talent and source of good news for the Philippine entertainment industry". In 2005, Geronimo was awarded with "Pinoy Wannabe Awardee", a prestigious Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards given to a celebrity whom kids consider as their role model.
Geronimo however admitted it’s not always easy protecting that image, especially since everyone looks up to her as a role model for young people. She said, "It’s a bit hard although I’d like to become a role model. I rather take it as a big challenge because it is probably my purpose being here in this industry. This may also be the reason why I’m being trusted by companies to promote their products."
In 2010, Geronimo was ranked as the top two in the list of Bureau of Internal Revenue (Philippines) top celebrity taxpayers. Also, in 2011 she was ranked as the third in the top celebrity endorsers by the AGB Nielsen Philippines survey. In 2013, she ranks as the sixth highest female taxpayer and as fourth top endorser.
Sarah Geronimo attended Dominican School Manila for her primary education. She enrolled at UST Education High School but later completed her secondary education at Angelicum College. Geronimo studied Associate in Arts degree in University of the Philippines Open University (UP Open University).
Solo Major Concerts
|2003||Popstar: A Dream Come True||Music Museum|
|2005||The Other Side||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
|2008||The Next One|
|24/SG: The Repeat|
|Perfect 10: The Repeat||Mall of Asia Arena|
|2015||From The Top||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
|From The Top: The Repeat|
|24/SG||January 11, 2013||Waterfront Hotel and Casino||Lahug, Cebu City|
|January 28, 2013||University of St. La Salle Coliseum||Bacolod City|
|January 30, 2013||Isabela Sports Complex||Ilagan, Isabela|
|Perfect 10||August 17, 2015||Bataan People’s Center||Balanga City, Bataan|
|April 24, 2015||Divine Word College||San Jose, Occidental, Mindoro|
|Sarah G. Live!||August 7, 2015||CSI Stadia||Dagupan, Pangasinan|
|September 26, 2015||Puerto Princesa City Coliseum||Puerto Princesa City, Palawan|
|From The Top||December 12, 2015||CSCS Ground||Candon, Ilocos Sur|
|March 21, 2016||Ilocos Norte Centennial Arena||Laoag City, Ilocos Norte|
|April 9, 2016||SMX Convention Center||Davao City|
|April 22, 2016||Island Cove Resort Concert Grounds||Binakayan, Kawit|
|May 20, 2016||JMR Coliseum||Naga City, Camarines Sur|
|May 27, 2016||Batangas City Sports Coliseum||Batangas City|
|April 29, 2016||Alonte Arena||Binan, Laguna|
|June 23, 2016||SMX Convention Center, Lanang Premier||Davao City|
|24/SG||September 1–2, 2012||Cache Creek Casino Resort||Brooks, CA|
|September 9, 2012||Neal S Blaisdell Concert Hall||Honolulu, HI|
|May 25, 2013||Nob Hill Masonic Center||San Francisco, CA|
|May 26, 2013||Celebrity Theater||Phoenix, AZ|
|June 1, 2013||Balboa Theater||San Diego, CA|
|June 2, 2013||Orpheum Theater||Los Angeles, CA|
|August 10, 2013||Evan Theatre||Sydney|
|August 11, 2013||St Laurence College||Brisbane|
|August 16, 2013||Woodville Townhall||Adelaide|
|August 17, 2013||Dallas Brooks Centre||Melbourne|
|Perfect 10||April 24, 2014||du Forum||Yas Island, Abu Dhabi|
|November 28, 2014||West End Park Amphitheater||Doha, Qatar|
|December 1, 2014||World Trade Center||Dubai, UAE|
|January 16–17, 2015||Pechanga Entertainment Center||Temecula, CA|
|May 1, 2015||Massey Theater||New Westminster, BC, Canada|
|May 3, 2015||Grey Eagle Resort and Casino||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|May 9, 2015||Roy Thomson Hall||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|1995||Sarah... Ang Munting Prinsesa||Sarah's classmate (Background Only)|
|2004||Masikip Sa Dibdib||Cameo role|
|Lastikman: Unang Banat||Lara Manuel|
|2008||A Very Special Love||Laida Magtalas||First Movie in a Lead Role/Debut Film
2008 Highest Grossing Non-MMFF Filipino Film
2009 ENPRESS Golden Screen Awards- nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Lead Role (Comedy/Musical)
|2009||You Changed My Life||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Award for Box-Office Queen
2010 FAMAS Awards- nominated for Best Actress
2009 Highest Grossing Non-MMFF Filipino Film
2010 ENPRESS Golden Screen Awards- nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Lead Role (Comedy/Musical)
|2011||Catch Me, I'm in Love||Roanne Sanchez||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Award for Princess of Philippine Movies|
|Won't Last A Day Without You||George Apostol/DJ Heidee|
|2013||It Takes a Man and a Woman||Laida Magtalas||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Award for Box-Office Queen
2014 FAMAS Awards- nominated for Best Actress
2013 Highest Grossing Non-MMFF Filipino Film
2014 ENPRESS Golden Screen Awards- Best Performance by an Actress in a Lead Role (Comedy/Musical)
|2014||Maybe This Time||Stephanie Asuncion|
|2015||The Breakup Playlist||Trixie David||2016 PMPC Star Awards for Movies- nominated for Movie Actress of the Year|
|1992-1994||Penpen De Sarapen||Herself/Performer|
|2002-2003||Star For A Night||Herself/Grand Winner|
|2004||Sarah: The Teen Princess||Sarah Alagao|
|2005||SCQ Reload: Kilig Ako||Sarah|
|2005-2007||Little Big Star||Herself/Host|
|2005||Search For The Star In A Million||Host|
|2006||MMK: Kwintas Episode||Rose Erea|
|Bituing Walang Ningning||Dorina Pineda|
|2007||Pangarap Na Bituin||Emerald Gomez|
|2008||MMK: Dollhouse Episode||Marie|
|2010||1DOL||Belinda "Billie/Jean" Suarez|
|Hair Is Your Moment||Jenny Raymundo|
|2012-2013||Sarah G. Live!||Host/Performer|
|The Voice of the Philippines (Season 1-2)||Coach/Judge|
|2014-2015||The Voice Kids (Season 1-2)||Coach/Judge|
Awards and accolades
- "Sarah Geronimo". imdb.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Philippines News - Manila Standard Today - Sarah Geronimo on a path to superstardom - aug22_2007". archive.org. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Sarah... Ang Munting Prinsesa
- Salut, Eric John (2004-01-30). "Sarah signed for ABS-CBN". philstar.com. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Sarah Geronimo conquers New York!". Manila Bulletin. 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Sarah joined ABS-CBN's ASAP". philstar.com. 2004-01-30. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Red, Isah V. (2007-08-22). "Sarah Geronimo on a path to superstardom". manilastandardtoday.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Bonoan, Reggee (2006-02-18). "Aiai, support on Sarah and Angelika". philstar.com. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- de Asis, Raymond (2006-11-19). "Sarah Geronimo in US tour: Simply beyond her wildest imagination". philstar.com. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Lo, Ricky (2006-11-17). "Sarah sings national anthem at Pacquiao-Morales bout". philstar.com. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Asis, Salve V. (2007-07-14). "Sarah, praying for the electricity of the concert". philstar.com. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Garcia, Rose (2007-08-10). "Sarah Geronimo flies to US on August 15, for one-month concert series". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Asilo, Rito (2007-08-18). "Sarah Geronimo sings her age in "Taking Flight"". inquirer.net. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Mata, Paul (2008-01-27). "Four singing champions share Big Dome stage for Valentine concert". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "A Very Special Love movie gross". boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Pangalinan, Rochelle (2008-10-08). "The Reign of Sarah". asianjournal.com. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Dimaculangan, Jocelyn (2008-06-27). "Sarah Geronimo and John Lloyd Cruz team up for "A Very Special Love"". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- [dead link]
- "Sarah Geronimo meets Backstreet Boys' Howie Dorough". abs-cbnnews.com. 2008-09-25. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Aurelio, Andrea (2008-10-01). "Sarah Geronimo on Howie Dorough for her Just Me album". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Smith, Chuck (2008-12-22). "Platinum Circle Awards1". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Sarah Geronimo wows fans and stars in a successful major concert". abs-cbnnews.com. 2008-11-10. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Pagsolingan, Karen A. (2009-03-02). "IN FOCUS: John Lloyd Cruz-Sarah Geronimo tandem and their success formula". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Big Dome Triumph". inquirer.net. 2009-11-11. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Asis, Salve (2009-04-28). "Sarah pinuri ng mga pinoy sa Amerika". philstar.com. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Cruz, Marinel (2009-05-31). "Sarah Geronimo embarks on local concert tour". inquirer.net. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- San Diego Jr., Bayani (2009-08-06). "Sarah Geronimo grows up". Inquirer.net. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Esguerra, Christian V. (2009-08-06). "Final Tribute to President Cory Aquino". inquirer.net. Archived from the original on 2009-08-26. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Phenomenal: Sarah Geronimo: Record Breaker Concert". Star Studio Magazine (January 2010).
- Godinez, Bong. "Sarah Geronimo's Record Breaker concert lives up to its name". Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Asilo, Rito (2009-12-11). "Sharon, Sarah take musical trip down memory lane". Inquirer.net. Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Sarah gears for "Record Breaker" concert". abs-cbnnews.com. 2009-12-22. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Viva Records (2009-12-29). "Sarah Geronimo releases 14-track album Music and Me". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Wang, Nickie (2010-01-14). "A Very Special Sarah". manila standard today. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Moreno, German (2009-11-14). "Sarah Geronimo in Walk of Fame Philippines". philstar.com. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
-  Archived August 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- A night of love, laughter and kilig – SOUNDS FAMILIAR By Baby A. Gil – The Philippine Star " News " Entertainment. Philstar.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-05.
- EXTENDED: ‘CATCH ME...I’M IN LOVE’ Winning teamup on track to break records. Philippinenews.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-05.
- Sarah Geronimo still a Kapamilya. ABS-CBN News. 12/06/2011. Retrieved on 2012-06-05.
- Is Ellen Adarna the Sexiest woman of 2012 – Manila Standard Today – Daily news, current events, latest news in the Philippines. Manila Standard Today (2012-03-02). Retrieved on 2012-06-05.
- "Review: Sarah G a total performer". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "Sarah G wins Best Asian Artist at K-pop awards". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- Paliza, Andrea (2012-09-09). "The 4th PMPC Star Awards For Music 2012 Winners! - MYX | YOUR CHOICE. YOUR MUSIC". Myxph.com. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "Sarah says drama anthology different from 'MMK'". ABS-CBN News. 19 February 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Sarah Geronimo joins 'The Voice PH'". ABS-CBN News. 6 February 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- Siazon, Rachelle (6 February 2013). "Sarah Geronimo bids goodbye to 'Sarah G Live'; says hello to 'The Voice of The Philippines'". Push. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Aktres na naging kontrobersiyal, nagbebenta ng mga bag na mahigit kalahating milyon ang isa | PSN Showbiz, Pilipino Star Ngayon Sections, Pilipino Star Ngayon". philstar.com. 2013-03-11. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "Regine Velasquez, Sarah Geronimo – 2013 World Music Awards". The Filipino Scribe (March 31, 2013). Retrieved March 31, 2013
- "Sarah G is new SMDC brand ambassador". ABS-CBN News. 2013-04-24. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- Yanoria, Luigene (2013-07-03). "Sarah G turns composer-producer - Yahoo! OMG! Philippines". Ph.omg.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "Expressions Sarah Geronimo". iTunes. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "Catch Sarah Geronimo's intimate mall show on August 3". 2 August 2013. PEP. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "After 'Koreanovela', K-pop, now comes 'KakaoTalk' | Inquirer Technology". Technology.inquirer.net. 2013-08-08. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "Sarah Geronimo enters Anak TV Hall of Fame". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "Toyota launches all-new Wigo hatchback, starting at P448,000". Motioncars.inquirer.net. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Umbao, Ed (30 May 2014). "Sarah Geronimo Winner in the 2014 World Music Awards (WMA)". philnews.ph. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Smith, Chuck (26 August 2014). "Eraserheads & Sarah Geronimo Most Streamed OPM Artists". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "#SGPerfectlyImperfect #SGKilometro". VivaVicor Records' Official Instragram account. Viva/Vicor Records. 15 September 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- Hurstfield, Adam H. (18 September 2014). "Adam H. Hurstfield shared Viva Records's video.". Adam Hurstfield's Facebook Page. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Sarah Geronimo wins Best Southeast Asia Act at MTV EMAs". Rappler. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Manila Bulletin. "Sarah Geronimo voted Best Southeast Asia act at 2014 MTV EMA". Manila Bulletin - Latest Breaking News - News Philippines. Archived from the original on 10 December 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Kris Andres. "20 Filipino Music Artists You Need To Listen Right Now". BuzzFeed Community. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Admin. "Sarah Geronimo sings Disney's 'The Glow' (Full Music Video)". thesummitexpress.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "ISC: Global Sound on Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Congratulations to the Philippines for... - International Song Contest: The Global Sound - Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Behind the Scenes: Philippine Tatler July 2015". asiatatler.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Sarah G Popsters - Android Apps on Google Play". google.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "(MUSIC) Drake, Eraserheads, Sarah Geronimo, Most Streamed Artist on Spotify for 2015". rodmagaru.com. 2 December 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Drake Is The World's Most Streamed Artist on Spotify for 2015". swirlingovercoffee.com. 1 December 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- News, ABS-CBN. "Sarah G, Yeng, Darren lead winners in 28th Awit Awards". abs-cbn.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Philippine pop star Sarah Geronimo takes out 2015 Asian Artist of the Year Award – Hello Asia!". helloasia.com.au. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "BigAppleMusicAwards on Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "PAL 75th Anniversary Gala Night". philippineairlines.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Sarah Geronimo named 'Best Asian Performer' in Classic Rock Awards 2016". cnnphilippines.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Ojo P. Panaligan (2006-06-23) Famed international producer affirms Sarah Geronimo is future of OPM. mb.com.ph
- "Sarah Geronimo : Versatility is her key to success" (PDF). Ajdigitaledition.com. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Sarah G prays for change in 'Pure' | Inquirer Entertainment". Entertainment.inquirer.net. 2012-09-07. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- An amazing life with Sarah Geronimo – The Philippine Star " Lifestyle Features " Sunday Life. Philstar.com (2009-09-27). Retrieved on 2012-06-05.
- Is Sarah G the Filipino Beyonce? ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 07-17-2012
- [dead link]
-  Archived July 23, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Sarah G. more than just a pop icon – The Philippine Star " Other STAR Sections " Starweek Magazine. Philstar.com (2010-12-12). Retrieved on 2012-06-05.
- Sarah G. & Joy B. are like two peas in a pod " FUNFARE with Ricardo F. Lo | Entertainment. philstar.com (2010-01-25). Retrieved on 2012-06-05.
- Why Sarah Geronimo is a better youth role model than Hayden Kho, Jr. – The Philippine Star " Lifestyle Features " Sunday Life. Philstar.com (2009-05-31). Retrieved on 2012-06-05.
- Big stars, big stunts at Kids Choice Awards | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online. Mb.com.ph. Retrieved on 2012-06-05.
- "Celebrities: Their fees, pluses and minuses of using them | Inquirer Business". Business.inquirer.net. 2012-09-07. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- Dark Angel (24 December 2013). "Top Ten Celebrity Product Endorsers of 2013 Revealed". Philippine News. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Who dethroned Kris as PH's top taxpayer?". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Sarah leads Yes! 100 Most Beautiful Stars of 2014". Philstar.com. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Quinn Chavez (30 July 2014). "Sarah Geronimo Named as the "Most Beautiful Star" by Yes! Magazine". Philippine News. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Sarah Geronimo tops Yes! 100 Most Beautiful Stars list". InterAksyon.com. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "A musical success story". bworldonline.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Gil, Baby A. "Sarah goes on tour". philstar.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Feria de Candon 2015 Schedule - CANDON CITY". candoncity.gov.ph. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Correspondent, Lifestyle. "Filipina popstar Sarah Geronimo to rock Abu Dhabi". emirates247.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Filipina star to perform at Winter Music Festival". qatar-tribune.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Sarah Geronimo - Hi Popsters sa Doha, Qatar! Kitang kita... - Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Sarah Geronimo's Perfect 10 concert tour ends on high note in Dubai - The National". thenational.ae. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "PERFECT 10: Popstar Princess Sarah Geronimo Celebrates in Canada - Backstage Productions Ltd.". backstageprod.net. Retrieved 19 November 2016.