|Known for||Paper Aeroplanes, Bryde|
Howells set up her first band in Milford Haven, West Wales, when she was 10 years old, with friend Nia George. They later formed a four-piece band, JYLT, with two other school friends. JYLT was disbanded in 2004 when George died aged 21, of leukaemia.
Howells main musical projects, together with co-writer and guitarist Richard Llewellyn, also from Wales, is the band Paper Aeroplanes. Formed in 2008, Paper Aeroplanes have had national radio airplay on BBC Radio 2 and BBC 6 Music as well as touring Germany with Tina Dico and several releases since. They released their debut album The Day We Ran into the Sea in 2009 and were nominated for the Welsh Music Prize with 2015 album JOY.
She came to dance music by chance. When Lange, a DJ and record producer, moved to Cardiff and was looking for a female vocalist for his album Better Late Than Never, he met Howells, who lived there at the time. They together produced the single "Out of the Sky". The song became a trance hit and was remixed by Kyau & Albert, and Aly & Fila. Armin van Buuren picked the song for his year compilation A State of Trance 2008. Armin van Buuren also selected the song in his ASOT 500 broadcast.
After the success with her debut single, Howells worked with other trance musicians in 2009 such as First State, John O'Callaghan and Dash Berlin. Most successful was the single "Find Yourself", a collaboration with John O'Callaghan. The song made it on numerous compilations and the Cosmic Gate remix was also on the year compilation A State of Trance 2009. In 2010, two of her songs each appeared on the album Changing Lanes of First State and Harmonic Motion of Lange.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 2007: My Disguise EP (with Halflight)
- 2009: The Day We Ran into the Sea (with Paper Aeroplanes)
- 2011: We Are Ghosts (with Paper Aeroplanes)
- 2011: A Comfortable Sleep EP (with Paper Aeroplanes)
- 2012: Time To Be (with Paper Aeroplanes)
- 2013: Little Letters (with Paper Aeroplanes)
- 2015: Joy (with Paper Aeroplanes)
- 2008: Lange feat. Sarah Howells - "Out of the Sky"
- 2009: First State feat. Sarah Howells - "Brave"
- 2009: John O'Callaghan feat. Sarah Howells - "Find Yourself"
- 2009: Lange feat. Sarah Howells - "Let It All Out"
- 2009: Dash Berlin feat. Sarah Howells & Secede - "Believe in You"
- 2010: Lange feat. Sarah Howells - "Fireworks"
- 2011: Al Lewis - "In the Wake" (vocals and co-writing)
- 2011: First State feat. Sarah Howells - "Reverie"
- 2011: First State feat. Sarah Howells - "Skies on Fire"
- 2011: Daz Bailey feat. Sarah Howells - "In My Veins"
- 2011: tyDi feat. Sarah Howells - "Acting Crazy"
- 2012: Paper Aeroplanes - "Winter Never Comes" (Mark Eteson Remix)
- 2012: Vexare feat. Sarah Howells - "Lanterns"
- 2012: Paul van Dyk feat. Sarah Howells - "Heart Stops Beating"
- 2012: Dash Berlin feat. Sarah Howells - "Go It Alone"
- 2012: Schiller with Paper Aeroplanes - "Lay Down"
- 2012: Simon Patterson feat. Sarah Howells - "Here & Now"
- 2012: Markus Schulz feat. Sarah Howells - "Tempted"
- 2013: tyDi feat. Sarah Howells - "When I Go"
- 2013: First State feat. Sarah Howells - "Seeing Stars"
- 2014: Simon Patterson feat. Sarah Howells - "Dissolve"
- 2015: Venom One feat. Sarah Howells - "Rush"
- Meet The Band Special: "Paper Aeroplanes' Sarah Howells Discusses Little Letters", Milford Mercury, 10 May 2013
- "The Highs". JYLT. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- "Wales Music: Review: Paper Aeroplanes - The Day We Ran Into The Sea". BBC. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- Williams, Nathan (31 May 2010). "Paper Aeroplanes quietly making waves". UK: Guardian. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- "Lange - Better Late Than Never (Song notes to Out Of The Sky)". lange-music.com. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- Interview with Sarah Howells. Accessed 16 October 2010.
- "Armin van Buuren – A State Of Trance 2008". discogs.com. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- "Armin van Buuren – A State Of Trance 2009". discogs.com. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- "First State – Changing Lanes". discogs.com. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- "Lange – Harmonic Motion". discogs.com. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- Emilee Lindner (22 July 2016). "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do: Bryde Talks About Toxic Addictions & Oversharing". Fuse.tv. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- Jennifer Lee O'Brien (26 May 2016). ""I feel like a new artist" — Sarah Howells, Bryde". The City Talking. Retrieved 2017-11-19.