Sarah Jaffe in 2011
|Born||January 29, 1986|
|Origin||Red Oak, Texas, U.S.|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass, drums|
Sarah Jaffe (born January 29, 1986) is a singer-songwriter from Denton, Texas.
Jaffe self-released her first EP titled Even Born Again, which was recognized by Rolling Stone and the Dallas Observer. In late 2009, she was signed to Kirtland Records and released her first full-length album, Suburban Nature, in May 2010. She has previously toured with Lou Barlow, Norah Jones, Blitzen Trapper and Chelsea Wolfe, as well as fellow bands Midlake, Old 97's and Centro-matic.
In 2011, she released The Way Sound Leaves a Room, which was touted as an EP that included a DVD of her performance at Wyly Theatre in Dallas that February. This release included a cover of a Drake song: "Shut it Down". It was with this release that she started moving away from an acoustic folk sound to a more orchestral indie rock sound, but it was only a hint at what was to come.
In 2012, she opened on the New Multitudes Tour where she introduced fans to songs from her upcoming album. On April 21, she dropped her latest LP: The Body Wins, produced by John Congleton. On December 11, 2012, she performed "Talk", a single from that album, on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
- Even Born Again (2008)
- Suburban Nature (2010)
- The Way Sound Leaves a Room (2011)
- The Body Wins (2012)
- Don't Disconnect (2014)
- Visions (2015)
- Music of Denton, Texas
- Life Happens (2012 film) Jaffe's song Clementine is used during end credits.
- The Blue Umbrella, a short film for 2013 Pixar movie Monsters University. In the film, Jaffe provides vocals on "The Blue Umbrella Suite" by Jon Brion.
- Crain, Zac (2009-10-04). "Levon Helm, Zac Brown Band, Deer Tick and More Battle the Mud at Austin City Limits Day Two". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2010-02-15.
- Freedman, Pete (2008-07-23). "Dallas Observer Music Awards: The Winners! Announced!". Dallas Observer. Retrieved 2010-02-15.
- "Kirtland Records signs Sarah Jaffe". Kirtland Records. 2009-12-09. Retrieved 2010-02-11.
- Freedman, Pete (2010-01-20). "Born Again: Sarah Jaffe". Dallas Observer. Retrieved 2010-02-15.
- Blaskovich, Sarah (2012-01-18). "Sarah Jaffe's new disc The Body Wins drops April 24". www.pegasusnews.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sarah Jaffe.|