Sarah Kendall (born 3 August 1976) is an Australian comedian from Newcastle, New South Wales, now living in London. She won the Raw Comedy competition in 1998, regularly appeared on Australian television, and moved to the United Kingdom in 2000.
Kendall has performed solo shows at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe since 2003, with her 2004 show being nominated for the Perrier award. She has also performed in the Melbourne Comedy Festival since 2000.
Kendall talked about how she has reviewed her own comic response to a heckler who threatened her with sexual violence during a routine in an article in The Guardian on 2 August 2014. She said, "I built a routine around it – but looking back, I betrayed the seriousness of the incident". Kendall remarked that she dropped the routine because it started to sit uncomfortably with her.
She appeared in the season finale episode of the first season of Motherland, originally aired on BBC2, as a nanny.
- Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast - with Sarah Kendall #89 - YouTube
- Anderson, W. (2015). [podcast] WILOSOPHY with Sarah Kendall. Available at: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/wilosophy-with-wil-anderson/id951354264.
- "Girls just wanna have funny... : News 2008 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide". Chortle. 21 July 2008. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- BBC Radio 4 - The Vote Now Show, Series 2, Episode 5
- Sarah Kendall (31 July 2014). "Sarah Kendall: the worst heckle I ever received – and what I did with it | Stage". theguardian.com. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- BBC Radio 4 - Quote... Unquote, 21/09/2015
- "Token Profile page". Excellence Through Guesswork. Retrieved 23 July 2019.