A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sarah E. Kreps
Sarah Kreps speaking at GLOBSEC.
|Occupation||Professor, policy analyst, author|
|Alma mater||Harvard University, Oxford University, Georgetown University|
|Main interests||Foreign policy, international security, drones, and government transparency|
Dr. Sarah E. Kreps is an American political scientist, United States Air Force veteran, and policy analyst who focuses on U.S. foreign and defense policy. She is a Professor of Government at Cornell University, Adjunct Professor of Law at Cornell Law School, and an Adjunct Scholar at West Point's Modern War Institute.
She is the author of four books, including two on drones, another on U.S. military interventions after the Cold War, and the most recent on how the United States pays for its wars. She is a life member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and her writing has appeared in The Washington Post, International Herald Tribue, The New York Times, USA Today, CNBC, Axios, and CNN, among other outlets.
Sarah Kreps was a foreign area officer for European and Sub-Saharan African affairs from 1999-2003. She worked as a consultant for the Ministry of Defence (United Kingdom) and NATO from 2003-2004 and as an analyst for the National Reconnaissance Office from 2003-2005. Since then, she has worked as an advisor for the United States Institute of Peace and as an executive consultant for the United States Department of Homeland Security.
- Taxing Wars: The American Way of War Finance and the Decline of Democracy (Oxford University Press, 2018)
- Drones: What Everyone Needs to Know (Oxford University Press, 2016)
- Drone Warfare (Polity Press, 2014; co-authored with John Kaag)
- Coalitions of Convenience: United States Military Interventions after the Cold War (Oxford University Press, 2011)
- "Ten Whats With…Sarah Kreps". Council on Foreign Relations. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Sarah Kreps | Department of Government Cornell Arts & Sciences". government.cornell.edu. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- "Sarah Kreps – Foreign Policy". Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- "Sarah Kreps | Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs". www.belfercenter.org. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- "Sarah Kreps - Opinionator - The New York Times". opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- Kreps, Sarah; McCain, Miles (2017-08-24). "Analysis | Congress keeps quiet on U.S. drone policy — and that's a big problem". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- "Sarah Kreps - Modern War Institute". Modern War Institute. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- "Membership Roster". Council on Foreign Relations. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- "Sarah Kreps on Axios". Axios. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Sarah, Kreps (August 2017). "Sarah E. Kreps CV" (PDF). Sarah Kreps Personal Site.
- Taxing Wars: The American Way of War Finance and the Decline of Democracy. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780190865306.
- Drones: What Everyone Needs to Know®. What Everyone Needs To Know. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press. 2016-03-31. ISBN 9780190235352.
- Kaag, John; Kreps, Sarah (2014-08-11). Drone Warfare (1st ed.). Cambridge: Polity. ISBN 9780745680996.
- "Coalitions of Convenience | Sarah E. Kreps | 9780199753802 | Oxford University Press Canada". www.oupcanada.com. Retrieved 2018-01-10.