Neufeld performing with Belle Orchestre
August 27, 1979 |
Merville, British Columbia or Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
|Instruments||Violin, keyboards, backing vocals|
|Associated acts||Arcade Fire, Bell Orchestre, The Luyas|
Sarah Neufeld (born August 27, 1979) is a Canadian violinist and current touring member of the indie rock band Arcade Fire. Neufeld was a core member of the band on its second and third studio albums, Neon Bible (2007) and The Suburbs (2010), and contributed as an additional musician on the albums, Funeral (2004) and Reflektor (2013), and their subsequent tours.
She is also a member of the post rock band Bell Orchestre, alongside Arcade Fire multi-instrumentalist Richard Reed Parry and former Arcade Fire member Pietro Amato. At age 18, she moved from East Vancouver to Montreal, Quebec, with electronic artist Tim Hecker, where she subsequently joined both bands. She currently lives in Montreal between tours. In 2009 Neufeld joined The Luyas.
In 2016, Neufeld released her second solo album, The Ridge on Paper Bag records. The album features Arcade Fire drummer Jeremy Gara. The Ridge sees Neufeld incoporate more vocals than her previous record, Hero Brother.
- Black Ground EP (2014)
- Mike Devlin (2015-05-26). "Island violinist Sarah Neufeld goes solo after playing with Arcade Fire". Timescolonist.com. Retrieved 2015-05-30.
- Derdeyn, Stuart (2007-03-06). "Band really on fire with Neon Bible". The Province. p. B3.
- Gavin Edwards (2011-02-14). "The Magnificent Seven: Rolling Stones 2007 Feature on Arcade Fire | Music News". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Arcade Fire's Sarah Neufeld Announces Solo Album Hero Brother, Listen to a Track | News". Pitchfork. 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "The Ridge - Paper Bag Records". Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- Lindsay, Zoladz (September 13, 2013). "Colin Stetson and Sarah Neufeld Talk Blue Caprice Score". Pitchfork. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sarah Neufeld.|