Sarah Webb (painter)
Sarah Webb is an American painter closely associated with Contemporary Realism. She is best known for her realist portrayal of contemporary European society and figurative studies of the modern woman.
Early life and studies
A native of Nashville, Tennessee, Webb began drawing and painting in her preteens and received her formal art training at the University of Tennessee, where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree with honors. Later she did post graduate work at Vanderbilt University.
Although Webb is best known for her works in oils, she is also photographer.
- Bostic, Alan. "Get Real: Webb paints it like it is," The Tennessean, September 12, 1999.
- Hieronymus, Clara."Oh, How She Loves Paris," The Sunday Tennessean, June 7, 1987.
- McNeilly, Caroline. "Artist Style Drawn From Masters," The Nashville Banner, March 12, 1981.
- Sarah Webb Works to show in London," The Tennessean, May 17, 1989.
- Who's Who in American Art.
- Who's Who in Art (United Kingdom).