|Alma mater||Princeton University, Yale University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
Sarah Whiting is a design principal of WW Architecture and is the Dean of Rice University's School of Architecture. She has taught at institutions such as Harvard University's Graduate School of Design, the Princeton University School of Architecture, the Illinois Institute of Technology, the University of Kentucky and the University of Florida.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts from Yale University, a Master of Architecture from Princeton University, and a Doctor of Philosophy from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She had previously worked in the offices of Peter Eisenman, Michael Graves, and the Office for Metropolitan Architecture, where she served as a designer for the Euralille master plan, among other projects.
Sarah Whiting taught both undergraduate and graduate level courses on modern urbanism and contemporary theory at Princeton, and has lectured and attended many conferences at prestigious institutions such as the Berlage Institute, Columbia University and the Architectural Association.
- Whiting, Sarah. "Superblockism: Chicago's Elastic Grid," Histories of Cities: Design and Context, eds. Rodolphe el-Khoury and Edward Robbins (London: Spon/Routledge, 2004): 57–76.
- Whiting, Sarah. "Bas-Relief Urbanism: Chicago's Figured Field," in Phyllis Lambert, ed. Mies in America (CCA + Whitney Museum, 2001): 642–691.
- Somol, R.E. and Whiting, Sarah. "Notes around the Doppler Effect and Other Moods of Modernism." Perspecta 33 (2002): 72–77.
- Koolhaas, Rem and Whiting, Sarah. "Spot Check: A Conversation between Rem Koolhaas and Sarah Whiting." Assemblage, No. 40, 36–55. December 1999.
- Whiting, Sarah. "Bellyache". Log 4, 5–8.
- Whiting, Sarah. "Critical Reflections." Assemblage, No. 41, 88–89. April 2000.
- "Sarah Whiting | Rice". arch.rice.edu. Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- Network, University of Nebraska-Lincoln | Web Developer. "Sarah Whiting | College of Architecture | University of Nebraska–Lincoln". architecture.unl.edu. Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- Sarah Whitling: Assistant Professor Archived 2012-04-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- "People". www.wwarchitecture.com. Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- Whiting, Sarah. "Looking Good" lecture summary
- "AA Lectures Online". www.aaschool.ac.uk. Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-02-22. Retrieved 2008-03-16. WW Architecture - News
- "Rice Names Architecture Dean," Rice News, July 30, 2009
- WW Architecture
- Princeton University School of Architecture
- Bernstein, Fred A. "Preserving a Modernist Masterpiece." New York Times. 26 February 2006.
- Whiting, Sarah. "Paris prepares to take back its belly." New York Times. 13 June 2004.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sarah Whiting.|