Geography & demographics
Faizabad is located at 26°47′N 82°08′E / 26.78°N 82.13°E / 26.78; 82.13. It has an average elevation of 97 metres (318 feet) above sea level. As of 2001  SARAIRASI had a population of nearly 8000 males constituting 52% of the population and females 48%. Sarairasi has an average literacy rate of 72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 20%. In Faizabad, 14% of the population is under 10 years of age. Suryavanshi Rajputs are the Majority in the Village along with sizeable population of OBC,SC and ST community.this is also called as village of lions
By air the nearest airports are Lucknow (128 km) and Varanasi (200 km).
By road Sarairasi is situated on the Akbarpur road and has good connectivity with Lucknow (128 km), Varanasi (200 km), Allahabad (165 km) and Gorakhpur (130 km). The state government's Road Transport Service runs regular and frequent buses to and from these cities.
By Rail The Indian Railways network connects Faizabad directly with Lucknow (3 hours.), Varanasi (4 hours.) and Allahabad (5 hours). Direct trains also connect Faizabad to Kolkata, New Delhi and Mumbai. And from Faizabad one can take Vikram (a advanced version of an auto rickshaw) from Pushpraj Fauaara or Fatehgang which will take Rs.15 INR as a fare.
Summer (March to July) temperatures can range from 35 to 45 degrees Celsius. Winters (November to January) temperatures can range from 6 to 25 degrees Celsius. Rains during monsoon season (July to September).
Places to See
- Kalimai chaura: literally meaning 'Place of Lord kali', this temple is beautifully built and the cleanlines and the pollution free environment is just spiritual.
- Gayatri Temple: located in Kali mai chaura area, this temple is beautifully built with eye catching Idol of Gayatri Devi. The temple is looked after by Mahant baba and Sarvan Baba.
- Ramlila Manch: located next to the Gayatri mandir and kali mai chura.This is the main attraction of local villagers in month of navratri since Ramlila is performed here.
- Nisha Baba's well: this is situated adjacent to Akbarpur Road passing through Sarairasi village.
the river saryu also gives a good attraction to the travellers.
- Purabazar: next to Rajepur, is the central market of Sarairasi village. One can find vegetables, fruits and spices in this market. Also, there are numerous jewellery shops in the area which cater to Faizabad town and many villages which lie in nearby areas. Some leading cloth shops could be easily found in this area. This market also has many prominent books and stationary shops of the town.
- Darshan nagar: About 4 kilometers away from sarairasi (towards Faizabad) lies the Drashannagar market which has a multitude of shops. The market also has some seed shops which cater to the farmers of the adjoining regions.
- Dr.RamPrassana Maniram singh Mahavidyalaya
- H.B.S. School
- C.B.S Intercollege
-  Government operated schools up to 8th standard.
- shri ram lagan chandrabali ITI manager Shitla Prasad singh 9721025253
- shri ram lagan chandrabali Computer training center manager p p singh 9838971889
- "Dr. Ram Prasanna Maniram Singh Post Graduate College". Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Dr Ram Prasanna Maniram Singh Mahavidyalaya Sarairasi". punjabcolleges.com. Retrieved 2010-10-15.