Sarajevo cable car
|Sarajevo cable car|
Trebević Cable Car with Old Town Sarajevo
Logo of Trebević Cable Car
|Location||Sarajevo - Trebević|
|Country||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Termini||Bistrik, Stari Grad, Sarajevo (start)|
Station "Ramo Biber" on Trebević (end)
|Elevation||lowest: 583 m (1,913 ft)|
highest: 1,160 m (3,810 ft)
|No. of stations||2|
|Open||May 3, 1959|
|Reopened||April 6, 2018|
|Owner||City of Sarajevo|
|Operator||J.P. Sarajevo d.o.o.|
|No. of carriers||33|
|Operating times||Mondays and Tuesdays from 10:00 to 20:00, other days from 9:00 to 20:00|
|Trip duration||7 min|
|Fare||6 KM (both ways for citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina)|
20 KM (both ways for foreigners)
|Aerial lift type||Cable car|
|Manufactured by||Leitner Ropeways|
|Line length||2,200 m (7,200 ft)|
|Operating speed||5 m/s (16 ft/s)|
Trebević Cable Car was first built in 1959, and opened for the public on 3 May 1959. It had a capacity of 400 passengers per hour. However, the many years of operation and repairs took a toll on the cable car which resulted in serious problems, so much so that the relevant institutions forbade further repairs of the cable car. Such issues arose in 1977, 1982, 1986, 1987, and in particular on November 18, 1989, when further repairs of the cable car was banned by the Institute "ZRMK" from Ljubljana.
Reopening in 2018
After its final closing of in 1989, Trebević Cable Car resumed operations in 2018.
Trebević Cable Car was reconstructed between 2017 and 2018, and officially reopened on 6 April 2018. A total of 33 modern cable cars make up the new system, which can transport up to 1.200 passengers from the city to Trebević per hour, with a ride duration of nine minutes each way.
Mufid Garibija, the designer of the Trebević cable railway station and the starting station, said that the entire lane will be panoramic, and the stations and gondolas will dominate the glass, which will contribute to the enjoyment of visitors in view of Sarajevo. "Gondolas will be in the colors of the Olympic circles and will reflect the unity and multi-ethnicity of Sarajevo," said Garibija. The cable car has 33 gondolas, of which five are in the colors of the Olympic circles - blue, red, yellow, green and black, one in the color of the flag of BiH, while the other ones are black.
To announce the cable car's reopening, a promotional song named "Trebević opet silazi u grad" (eng: Trebević is coming to the city again) was officially presented on 23 March 2018. The song was performed by singers Hari Varešanović, Ismeta Dervoz, Zdravko Čolić, and Jasna Gospić, all born in Sarajevo and former members of the band Ambasadori.
- "Gradonačelnik Skaka primio suprugu Rame Bibera, dolazna stanica Žičare će nositi njegovo ime | Grad Sarajevo". sarajevo.ba (in Croatian).
- "Nove informacije o radu Trebevićke žičare". N1 BA (in Bosnian).
- "Trebevićka žičara od danas ima novo radno vrijeme". Klix.ba (in Bosnian).
- "Gondole Trebevićke žičare u pet olimpijskih boja". Klix.ba (in Bosnian).
- "žičara – Historijski arhiv Sarajevo". www.arhivsa.ba.
- "Gondole Trebevićke žičare nakon više od dvije decenije ponovno iznad Sarajeva". Nezavisne novine (in Serbian).
- "Otvaranje Tebevićke žičare počeće raditi 6. aprila | AKOS". akos.ba (in Bosnian).
- "First Gondolas for Trebevic Cable Car arrived in Sarajevo? - Sarajevo Times". Sarajevo Times. 28 November 2017.
- "Preporođena žičara dobila svoju pjesmu i spot: Trebević opet silazi u grad". Klix.ba (in Bosnian).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Trebević Cable Car.|
|This article about transport in Bosnia and Herzegovina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|