Saralyn R. Daly
Saralyn Ruth Daly (born May 11, 1924, in Huntington, West Virginia) is an American writer and translator.
She earned a Ph.D from Ohio State University in English in 1950. The title of her doctoral dissertation was "The Historye of the patriarks". After graduation she joined the faculty at Midwestern State University (then Midwestern University) in the early 1950s.
She was a professor at California State University, Los Angeles, 1962–1988 and is now Professor Emeritus. During her tenure she received the outstanding professor award in the College of Arts and Letters at California State University, Los Angeles for the 1979-1980 academic year. She was also a professor of Linguistics at Texas Tech University.
Her work appears in A Shout in the Street, Beyond Baroque, Bywords, Descant, Epos, Western Humanities Review.
- Juan Ruiz (1978). Anthony N. Zahareas, ed. Book of True Love. translated Saralyn R. Daly. Pennsylvania State University Press. ISBN 978-0-271-00523-2.
- In the Web (Fawcett Books, 1978)
- Love's Joy, Love's Pain (Ballantine Books, 1983)
- "'A Worn Path' Retrod". Studies in Short Fiction. 1 (2): 133–39. Winter 1964.
- Katherine Mansfield. New York: Twayne Publishers. 1965. ISBN 0-8057-1372-7.
- Daly, Saralyn Ruth. "OhioLINK ETD: Daly, Saralyn". Ohiolink.edu. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "FAST NXT 4". Catalog.calstatela.edu. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "College of Arts & letters | CSULA". Calstatela.edu. 2008-07-18. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- The world of spirits and ancestors in the art of western sub-Saharan Africa - Elizabeth Skidmore Sasser, Thomas Judson Sasser - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Saralyn R. Daly | Directory of Writers | Poets & Writers". Pw.org. 2008-08-20. Retrieved 2012-02-10.